Do not disturb

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mcaram16

Silver
Jul 26, 2007
Long Island, NY
Happy new year to all iPhone users, do not disturb no longer works! Mine turned on at 12am like every night and decided it will no longer shut off at 7am. If you have it scheduled it will not shutoff at the time you set.

Sent using iCafe app

enjoylife1788

Bronze
Jan 7, 2011
Even mine wasn't off when I had woken up. So bug is definitely there.

But again it's not a big deal. U just toggle the switch on and off and u egos to go.

Sent using iCafe app

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
I just noticed that I'm also no longer able to modify, i.e. make changes to DND. I can only toggle it off/on. The icon remains "on" when the feature is enabled. I have an iPad 2 & a 4S both on 6.0.1.
P.S. I've restarted/rebooted both devices.
YMMV

Sent using iCafe app

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
If you want "Do Not Disturb" on 24/7 go to Settings/Do Not Disturb and toggle it to on. If you want it to be on a schedule, on the main settings screen, tap on "Notifications" directly below it and on the next screen tap on Do Not Disturb at the top. On the next screen you can set the schedule you desire and turn on that schedule with the toggle above the schedule settings. Back out of those screens and you should be all set.

This answer originally contained some incorrect information and has been corrected by iPutz. My apologies to all who were misinformed.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
If you want "Do Not Disturb" on 24/7 go to Settings/ Do Not Disturb and toggle it to on. If you want it to be on a schedule leave it switched off, on the main settings screen, tap on "Notifications" directly below it and on the next screen tap on Do Not Disturb at the top. On the next screen you can set the schedule you desire and turn on that schedule with the toggle above the schedule settings. Back out of those screens and make sure the toggle for Do Not Disturb on the main Settings Screen is off. Turning the main Settings screen toggle to on ignores the schedule you've set up and activates Do Not Disturb all the time.
Ah. That's my setting now. I'll wait to see what happens during the "wee hours". Thanks for the reminder regarding how to set up for this feature.

UPDATE. I modified my setting under notifications and the crescent moon icon re-appeared. I turned off DND directly and the icon disappeared but the notification setting continues to show the planned scheduled ... "Film at eleven"

Sent using iCafe app

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I just saw something on iClarified about DND won't be working properly until January 7. Don't know the reason or how many users are affected but i'm guessing it is a sizable number.

Sent using my iPhone 5

MuscleMommy

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 8, 2011
I had same thing. Mine is set to turn off at 9am and today at noon it was still on and I went in and manually turned it off and was scratching my head.