DO NOT PURCHASE BELKIN "Sleek" Acrylic Case

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

YummyJack

Sep 13, 2007
I purchased this case on iDay because I couldn't leave the building without some type of protection for this $630 purchase. I have not had to remove it from the case until about a week ago because it didn't get very dirty at all. I come to find out that the item that I paid an additional $25.00 for to protect my expensive investment has actually caused my phone to have SEVERAL

scratches along the side of the chrome around the screen.

I have called AT&T and they forwarded me to Apple..They said it's not their problem and that I must contact Belkin. I emailed them because their offices were closed. I noted to call me immediately ...That was yesterday. No phone call today (9/13/2007).

I will be calling them tomorrow during businesss hours to see if I can get them to give me a full refund as well as exchange my phone for one that is not PERMANTENTLY DAMAGED.

I'll keep you posted.

Jennifer

Last edited by a moderator:

FAsnakes

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Almost every case will scratch your chrome bezel.
I had an Acrylic case that scratched my bezel. (I took it back to the Apple store and they replaced my phone.)
Then I bought a rubber case from incase that scratched my chrome bezel. The Apple dock also scratched my chrome bezel.

Long story short get used to the scratches…

MadDog31

Bronze
May 15, 2007
Wilmington, NC
www.bitterfans.com
I bought the Belkin Slim-Fit case and I have a hard time finding a single scratch on my bezel, and that's getting it on Day 1. Yeah it's not clear, but it's done an awesome job at protecting my iPhone while in my pocket. The back side is flawless also.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I purchased this case on iDay because I couldn't leave the building without some type of protection for this $630 purchase. I have not had to remove it from the case until about a week ago because it didn't get very dirty at all. I come to find out that the item that I paid an additional $25.00 for to protect my expensive investment has actually caused my phone to have SEVERAL

scratches along the side of the chrome around the screen.

I have called AT&T and they forwarded me to Apple..They said it's not their problem and that I must contact Belkin. I emailed them because their offices were closed. I noted to call me immediately ...That was yesterday. No phone call today (9/13/2007).

I will be calling them tomorrow during businesss hours to see if I can get them to give me a full refund as well as exchange my phone for one that is not PERMANTENTLY DAMAGED.

I'll keep you posted.

Jennifer

Jen, honey, I think you are overreacting. In no way is belkin responsible for your actions OR those microscopic scratches you have. And just for the record, there are already a number of threads on this issue. The fact is that the bezel around the phone is easily scratched. Your REAL issue is with Apple.
Some people have gone and made that bezel look "brushed" by scrubbing it with a green scotch pad. This was actually a good remedy.
As far as your ranting and lunatic phone calls go, you can give it up.
Good luck though.

Last edited by a moderator: