Do not update Ringtones App

burniksapwet

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
The ringtone app by skrew has a new updated. Its version 2.2 I think. Please do not update to this version because you will lose all your ringtones including your default ones. Once you try running the app it will give you an "error on step 8" message and thats when you will lose everything. The only ringtone that was left was the ringtone mamba. I hope they get to fix this quick. I don't want to restore my iPhone (too lazy). By the way im on 1.1.3.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
ouch.. thanks for the info but won't affect me.. hope other will see this so just giving another bump for new post so others open that might need to see this

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
i still have the ones i made in tiunes, but yes...i did lose the others...i didn't use them any ways lol

Doakiphone

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
Ya I wish i would have read this before I updated. It was working fine then I updated and now I lost all my ringtones. Is there anyway besides restoreing to get back the default ringtones?

Doakiphone

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
Well... I unistalled the app then reinstalled it and it loaded back my original ringtones. So try that and see if it helps.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
2.3 is out and if fixes this issue.

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
2.5 is out on installer now. That was some quick rev ups. I'll install it and make a ringtone and let you all know if I have any issues. Standby...

Update:

OK, I got an error after updating it and running it the first time. I believe it was the Error08 which said it is restoring ringtones to defaults (which is what it did) and to restart the app. I didn't have anything in there besides 1 ringtone I had made and that was gone. So, I then restarted it and it was fine. I have made 1 ringtone and tested it out briefly (I'm at work so I can't really check it out). I noticed it is really loud because I have the volume down to about 10% and it's still really loud.
Another thing I noticed is the version says 2.0 on the homepage of the app even though I'm on 2.5 now.

FYI, I'm running 1.1.4 FW. Good luck and let us know if you have any issues.