DO NOT use "SUPER" video converter!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kam1996

Sep 29, 2007
Hey guys,

I wish my first post to this forum was under better circumstances.
I recently purchased a 4GP Ipod Nano and a 4GB iPhone and was looking for freeware to convert avi. mpeg and asf to .mov. I ran across this post:
http://www.gromkov.com/faq/faq2004-0071.html

I downloaded the "SUPER" software and ever since then my laptop has been attacked by Trojans. I have anti virus software and it quarenteens new trojans every few hours but they keep appearing. I have since uninstalled the damn thing but I am still seeing and finding trojans.
Just fyi, please do not download this freeware.

If you guys know of a good video converter please let me know.

Thanks

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
My apologies, my mistake, you are right. I've only used HB for DVDs

I saw the Windows converter Videora recommended on the Apple iPhone forums. I have no experience of it, but maybe worth Googling for other views and reviews?

birkoff

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
I use (bought) Wondershare and am a satisifed use.

Its nice to be able to watch the Bourne Identity when
your waiting for something (traffic, airplane, etc).

kam1996

Sep 29, 2007
Clean your laptop and get Super direct from the authors or get the Cucusoft that meets your needs. I love Cucusoft. But clean you laptop first!
I have been trying to clean it, i have run virus/spyware etc scans several times and they keep finding the same Trojan files and deleting them, yet the trojan files keep appearing.

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
I have been trying to clean it, i have run virus/spyware etc scans several times and they keep finding the same Trojan files and deleting them, yet the trojan files keep appearing.
You need a better cleaning product. What are you using? I might suggest investing in one of the top products; essentially paying to get your laptop fixed. In my businesss I use a combination of SpySweeper (my favorite) and StopZilla.

Good luck!

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
I have anti-virus and two spy ware programs and have no problems with super. I even ran the Microsoft sweep yesterday and no problems; it has to be from where you downloaded it from.

Try the Microsoft sweep here: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm?redir=true

Other good programs are Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware by Lavasoft; I have used both for a few years now.

What anti-virus are you using and what trojan are you getting?
And make sure you get programs from the developers site!

kam1996

Sep 29, 2007
I have anti-virus and two spy ware programs and have no problems with super. I even ran the Microsoft sweep yesterday and no problems; it has to be from where you downloaded it from.

Try the Microsoft sweep here: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm?redir=true

Other good programs are Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware by Lavasoft; I have used both for a few years now.

What anti-virus are you using and what trojan are you getting?
And make sure you get programs from the developers site!
I have Trend PC Chillin Internet security suite

bambam26

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The first thing I recommend you do is download Crap Cleaner, or CC. Search it in google, this program removes everything off the computer that can be considered junk including lost links and cookies, just check every box on the left side including the ones under advance this will also remove the saved passwords.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Hey guys,

I wish my first post to this forum was under better circumstances.
I recently purchased a 4GP Ipod Nano and a 4GB iPhone and was looking for freeware to convert avi. mpeg and asf to .mov. I ran across this post:
http://www.gromkov.com/faq/faq2004-0071.html

I downloaded the "SUPER" software and ever since then my laptop has been attacked by Trojans. I have anti virus software and it quarenteens new trojans every few hours but they keep appearing. I have since uninstalled the damn thing but I am still seeing and finding trojans.
Just fyi, please do not download this freeware.

If you guys know of a good video converter please let me know.

Thanks
They keep re-appearing, so to speak, because they haven't been removed from your system. As others have said, you need a better AV. I wish you the best getting them all removed. You may have more than one and the worst ones are the ones that replicate when you think they have been removed.

I went through the same thing; downloaded a program that was full of bugs which cost me a new computer.