Do students qualify for any discounts on new iPad?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

LEFP4

Dec 1, 2011
Hey guys,

So I am a student at Boston College and I have been doing some online research on possible Apple discounts on iPads for college students and I figured I would share my findings here:

First impression - no discount. The Apple store for education carries the new iPad but the price is exaclty the same as the regular store. No freebie either. Boo.

With the help of google, I ended up on this website called Student Rate, which offers 4% cash back on all Apple products from the Apple Education Store including the new iPad. It's not a discount per say but it seems to be the best deal out there.

Anyone familiar with the site or the offer? They have Apple banners plastered all over the site so I am assuming they are working with Apple....

Here is the link http://www.studentrate.com/StudentRate/all/get-all-student-deals/apple-Student-Discounts--/0

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Hey guys,

So I am a student at Boston College and I have been doing some online research on possible Apple discounts on iPads for college students and I figured I would share my findings here:

First impression - no discount. The Apple store for education carries the new iPad but the price is exaclty the same as the regular store. No freebie either. Boo.

With the help of google, I ended up on this website called Student Rate, which offers 4% cash back on all Apple products from the Apple Education Store including the new iPad. It's not a discount per say but it seems to be the best deal out there.

Anyone familiar with the site or the offer? They have Apple banners plastered all over the site so I am assuming they are working with Apple....

Here is the link http://www.studentrate.com/StudentRate/all/get-all-student-deals/apple-Student-Discounts--/0
upromise gives 1% I think it gives more if you have their credit card. That site is all about savings for college. I like it, you can even request checks for the cash back at any time. I just checked this site you posted, it does not look real and their were a lot of errors on the page.

SunnySweet

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 23, 2010
Upstate NY
Boston College is a GREAT school. My son graduated from there I think I would check with Apple before tossing info out there to get a discount. Just because they plaster an Apple on their site does not guarantee they are legit.

jimmyryry

Nov 15, 2011
I ordered my Macbook with SR during back to school last year while Apple was running their gift card BTS promotion. At the time student rate cash back was 3% and it definitely worked for me. Cash back was posted 48 hours after my computer was shipped out. I got the iTunes gift card too. I actually also used their Netflix deal which gives cash back for a free trial and the $10 were posted on time as well.