do we lose multitaksing if JB?

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by bluefox, Jan 28, 2012.

1. bluefox

bluefox Member
    Bronze

So I am curious if we lose mutlitasking if we jailbreak? I know we can see the icons if we do it, but more curious if they close fully when you exit out of them. Seems like when I close an app then get back into it later it's like starting from scratch rather than having it already open. (hope that all make sense)

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

No you won't loose the multitasking feature. How are you closing the apps now? Most are put into a wait state / sleep mode, for a lack of better words when you close the app normally.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

There are jailbreak apps/tweaks you can install to inhance or disable it, but the jailbreak itself doesn't affect stock multitasking. There are a few variables that affect the amount of time that an app stays frozen. They will close in a certain amount of time and with reboots and resprings. Some App Store apps haven't been updated to allow multitasking so they will fully close when you press the home button. Apps that run as root, such as Cydia, cannot multitask and have to fully reopen each time.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You are so sexy when you talk geek...

5. bluefox

bluefox Member
    Bronze

OK that makes sense. I was closing the apps out (hitting home button) than when I wanted to go back into them after a few minutes it seemed like they had to re-open and they fully closed. Europa that makes a lot of sense! Makes me understand it more, thank you.

Is there a way to make apps stay frozen longer? Or is that built in to the app itself?

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's built in and only works with apps that allow it. You can't extend it unless you use Backgrounder in Cydia.

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Is Backgrounder still available? It says on the program in Cydia that it's no longer updated. I installed it and it doesn't work.