Do you believe Apple was wrong to put a battery in their phone thatll die so fast

theraker007

Bronze
Jun 15, 2007
exactly! I have maybe 60% of my battery left at the end of the day. Now with my Q, it would die every day. which means i have about a years worth of battery. The battery most likely will outlive the amount of time most people have this phone.

how often are you using it? i have to charge daily

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
I charge my phone every night. I consume anywhere from 20 to 80 percent of the battery, it all depends on what I did that day.
I used mine a generally large amount yesterday, didn't charge last night, and I woke up this morning, with at least 50% or maybe a tad less battery life left.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Big font to make the point.

The battery DOES NOT die after 300-400 charges. It loses it's ability to hold more than an 80% charge after 300-400 FULL charge cycles (meaning charged from nearly dead).

I promise you, most likely your battery will outlive the phone. You'll want to replace it with the latest greatest model well before the battery will need replacing.
Don't waste your finger strokes... you might have made it through to the original poster, but there are a hundred people with the same goofy notion that won't read this thread (or the countless others this has been discussed in) and realize they have no clue.

It's ok. When this guy wakes up 2 years from now and his battery still works, I doubt even he will remember this goofy thread he started.

Laura123

Jul 17, 2007
3rd Party Companies Like this Will Step In

I was worried about my iPhone battery dying before my two year AT&T contract was up until i learned that companies like ipodjuice.com are going to have kits or service to do it for you:

http://www.ipodjuice.com/iphone-battery-replacement-products.htm

I actually used them before to get a battery in my old iPod mini and they were great: responsive emails, good tool, nice instructions.

So i don't really blame Apple for the iPhone battery issue - i think they probably put in the best battery they had to work with since i'm sure they learned their lesson from that class-action lawsuit about ipod batteries.

-Laurie

A320CA

Jul 3, 2007
Big font to make the point.

The battery DOES NOT die after 300-400 charges. It loses it's ability to hold more than an 80% charge after 300-400 FULL charge cycles (meaning charged from nearly dead).

I promise you, most likely your battery will outlive the phone. You'll want to replace it with the latest greatest model well before the battery will need replacing.

DITTO! :)

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Don't waste your finger strokes... you might have made it through to the original poster, but there are a hundred people with the same goofy notion that won't read this thread (or the countless others this has been discussed in) and realize they have no clue.

It's ok. When this guy wakes up 2 years from now and his battery still works, I doubt even he will remember this goofy thread he started.
Tharmsen, I like you. Very direct and honest. :) Just like me! haha
You're a cool guy to have around. Me and you could drink some beers together! hahaahah