• No

Votes: 18 62.1%

• Total voters

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I normally do for most peripherals, but for some reason i never bothered with the iPhone... never had any problems, though...

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
iPhone doesn't mount a file system - so it's not the same as an iPod that's set for disk use.
So no - I don't do anything other than take the phone out the dock

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
yes I remember reading somewhere here a long time ago that the iPhone doesn't need to do that... You can plug it right in and pull it out with no problems..

I just sync and unplug my iPhone. My iPods I always have to eject especially the Classic. I forgot to eject the classic a few times and ended up having to restore. My old 30GB iPod Photo could just get unplugged and not have any problems.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i eject - i know i don't have to but it's a habit from using ipods for so long. and it's probably a good habit for me to keep for if/when the iPhone does get disk-use capability...

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
If I am in iTunes I select the eject option but when just connected to the computer it does not show in the "Safely Remove Hardware" window and is not assigned a drive letter so the option to safely remove it isn't even there to select.

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
If I am in iTunes I select the eject option but when just connected to the computer it does not show in the "Safely Remove Hardware" window and is not assigned a drive letter so the option to safely remove it isn't even there to select.
]
Interestingly enough, I have never "safely" removed anything. I just wait for it to be done syncing, or transferring files, and unplug it. I do this for USB sticks, IPODS, iPhone, External Hardrives...Never Had a problem with any of them.

Maybe its because I am using Windows vista and thats the most stable OS in the Galaxy. Yes, the Galaxy. and you if you believe that, I got this great bridge for sale.

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
I do with my touch ever since I heard Vista can screw iTunes/ipods up

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
"safely removing hardware" just stop all processes between the comp and the hardware thats plugged in and the computer. if your not writing anything to your thumb drive or syncing or somehow transferring data btwn the comp and the external hardware it doesn't matter if u " remove hardware safely"

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I just eject by force of habit with win2000, and continue that even when on XP PRO and Vista.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
"safely removing hardware" just stop all processes between the comp and the hardware thats plugged in and the computer. if your not writing anything to your thumb drive or syncing or somehow transferring data btwn the comp and the external hardware it doesn't matter if u " remove hardware safely"
Some file systems write journals and search catalogues to mounted volumes so it's not safe to presume that because you're not accessing a file system - no-one is.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I realize it's not necessary for the iPhone, but after doing it so much with my iPod, I just do it out of habit.

- John

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
oh and i forgot to say this ealier after.

referring to the title:

kakofonix

Silver
Oct 2, 2007
Verbatim from the iPhone User's Manual: "Unless iPhone is syncing with your computer, you can disconnect iPhone from your computer at any time". I guess that implies you don't have to eject first, but that not a bad precaution especially if you have other Apple devices that need the safe eject.​

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
oh and i forgot to say this ealier after.

referring to the title:
LMAO! Dude - totally ruined this thread for me.... lol

With my mac, I just remove whatever item I was using w/no problem...

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I used to eject with my ipod and then I got out of the habit with the iPhone. If I remember I'll do it but usually I don't.:sick:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I was doing it out of habit when I first got the phone but now I just unplug it because a lof of the time I'll receive a call while it's charging and I just yank it up quickly.