do you EVER turn off your iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

do you EVER turn off your iPhone?

• Yes, regularly.

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Only when it goes buggy on me.

Votes: 56 53.3%
  • What is this "turn off" you speak of?

Votes: 28 26.7%

• Total voters

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Take this poll and let me know if you ever turn off your iPhone. Turn off as in completely power down. Well... do ya, punk?

Last edited by a moderator:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I was actually going to say that I never turn it off but then I realized I turn it off all the time when I'm adding new icons and stuff. Other than that though I never turn it off.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
I turn mine off fairly frequently. Usually it's when my laptop and phone are both trying to retreive email at the same time. The phone gets the email but the email on the computer can't connect while the phone is checking for mail. So, if I need an email on my laptop, I usually have to turn my phone off so my laptop can grab mail.

Mike12000

Bronze
Oct 22, 2007
Southern Illinois
yes, not that there's anything wrong with that?

I do all the time: at work because that's company policy. I know I could just put it into airplane mode and achieve the same result. I also power it down overnight. We don't have a good cell signal where I live out in the country so I feel like there's no point in leaving it on. I'm thinking I'm conserving battery life. If I don't think I'm going to use it for 9-12 hours, why leave it on?

So, that begs the question, is there a reason why I SHOULD leave it on all the time?

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
turn it off and not be connected to the world?! i think not..

if i ever turn it off, it's because my iPhone sometimes likes to pretend like all my contacts are gone..

Paul830

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Cleveland, OH
AT&T told me you have to power the phone down once everyday so they can "update" the phone... Kind of like *228 with Verizon... they claim they send you a "new packet". Got me... but I do it. Anyone else here this?

H

Hayesimus

i'm sure there may be some small truth to that. however, i also know that AT&T is a bunch of idiots. so they probably don't even know what they are talking about. lol