Do you guys remember

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
The first edition of the iPhone? It had that really old technology called EDGE or something. I used to remember the good old days. Sitting on the porch, drinking my lemonade, over looking my lawn, and waiting 15 minutes for google to load up.

The youngsters today have these fancy new second edition iPhones, available in different colours, GPS and this new fan dangle technology called 3G. Why does someone need to load up google in one second? 15 minutes was more than enough speed in my day.

I had to work in the mines for 6 months, before I could afford my brand new first edition iPhone. Kids now can buy an iPhone with a weeks paper route wages. They don't know how good they have it.

I still have my first edition iPhone somewhere. I use it to prop open my garden shed door, on windy days. It was the best of modern technology back in the day.

I remember the good old days.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Lol! I'm still waiting for McDonalds to call me back for my summer job! But now that the iPhone 3G is coming out july 11th that gives me more time to save up, and like you said I can save up for it in no time lol!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
"2.8 times faster" I remember seeing.

That's not jaw-droppingly fast, folks. But it's a start...

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
You didn't take my post seriously now did you?

It was my attempt at winning the Oscar (free iPhone). by way of some humour!

"2.8 times faster" I remember seeing.

That's not jaw-droppingly fast, folks. But it's a start...

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
The first edition of the iPhone? It had that really old technology called EDGE or something. I used to remember the good old days. Sitting on the porch, drinking my lemonade, over looking my lawn, and waiting 15 minutes for google to load up.

The youngsters today have these fancy new second edition iPhones, available in different colours, GPS and this new fan dangle technology called 3G. Why does someone need to load up google in one second? 15 minutes was more than enough speed in my day.

I had to work in the mines for 6 months, before I could afford my brand new first edition iPhone. Kids now can buy an iPhone with a weeks paper route wages. They don't know how good they have it.

I still have my first edition iPhone somewhere. I use it to prop open my garden shed door, on windy days. It was the best of modern technology back in the day.

I remember the good old days.
Great man! I love it, six months in the mines. . .:laugh2:

H

Hayesimus

iPhone? Is that like an Atari?

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
I can just see the Bill & Carolyn Slowski from the Comcast commercials rocking the EDGE. "Where gonna be gone for awhile... waiting for Safari to load up"