Do you let people play with your iPhone

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
When people ask you "Can I see your iPhone", what do you do?
-Do you let them play with it, or do make up some excuse like I'm expecting a text?

I remember I had a friend who had a sidekick 3 (ya kno the phone with the flippy screen), and she let some guy in our class play with it in the hallway and when he flipped open the screen- or atleast when he tried- it flipped outta his hands:p I tried so hard not to laugh cause back then it were $300 dollars!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
i used to be ultra-careful with mine and never let anyone else touch it. but i've now had it for almost a year and i'm not that paranoid about it anymore since it's lasted this long with barely a scratch on it (plus i have it in a nice protective case). my husband and friends can use it, but definitely no strangers. in fact, i don't think i'll ever start handing it, or any other expensive gadget i own, to any stranger, ever. if strangers want to see one, they can go to an Apple store themselves to find one!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I let people see my iPhone all the time. Well, not so much anymore because they're so common but when I first got it everyone was asking to see it. I didn't really have a problem with letting them have some fun with it.

H

Hayesimus

i remember the first day I had mine. I went to the movies right after visiting the AT&T store. There was a movie letting out as I was getting my tickets and I pulled out the iPhone to show a friend and suddenly I had a MASSIVE crowd around me! It was actually rather annoying... But no, I won't even let my best friend use it lol. One night Dexter was like,"Hey, buddy, can I borrow your phone real quick." And I got this speechless expression and finally was like,"Have you asked anyone else yet?" HAHA! I have random people ask me occasionally and they always look pissed when I tell them NO. I'm like screw you! I paid 600 dollars for this. Go get a go-phone...

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
i used to be ultra-careful with mine and never let anyone else touch it. but i've now had it for almost a year and i'm not that paranoid about it anymore since it's lasted this long with barely a scratch on it (plus i have it in a nice protective case). my husband and friends can use it, but definitely no strangers. in fact, i don't think i'll ever start handing it, or any other expensive gadget i own, to any stranger, ever. if strangers want to see one, they can go to an Apple store themselves to find one!
I could not say it any clearer. I agree without a doubt. This phone is so durable that I have no fear(anymore).

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
I could not say it any clearer. I agree without a doubt. This phone is so durable that I have no fear(anymore).
It depends...when I first got it, I didn't let ANYONE see it...but now that ive had it for quite some time ill let MOST people see it...not all of them. Today a friend wanted to see it, who I don't like because there not a very good friend, and someone else right next to them wanted to see it and I let them and yeah...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
who, me?

i don't have an iPhone.

idunno what you're talking about.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Same as macgirl above - not worried about letting *Certain* people give it a go. My daughter uses it quite often, the wife sometimes, few close friends occasionally.
No random folks though ....

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I'm pretty sure over a 100 people have used mine.

I'm not too selective about it.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
LMAO!

Yeah sometime when I ask people who I don't know if I can play with their iPhone, they'll sometime say like "Im expecting a text", or "The battery dead" then when I walk away their talking to someone lol!

When I get my iPhone I'll probably only let my "trustworthy" friends play with it, everyone else I'll just use one of the above excuse Lol!

H

Hayesimus

Hey projectdarkside... Is that a qoute of something Starry said? As your signature? You should throw up some quotations. Otherwise it makes me think you are named Starry too. :p

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
yeah i usually let people take a look at it if they ask and show genuine interest in checking it out. I usually have a nice theme loaded and that gets their attention immediately. But i agree with most of the comments in regard to not letting someone use it to make a normal phone call.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Hey projectdarkside... Is that a qoute of something Starry said? As your signature? You should throw up some quotations. Otherwise it makes me think you are named Starry too. :p
Thanks for spotting that :)
-shows you how much I pay attention in English class
I'll correct that right now :)

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
One reason I may not let some people see my iphone- when I get one- is that some people have no respect for other peoples property ya kno, like carelessy holding it, or tapping the screen to hard. Another reason is that some peopld don't have respect for your privacy, like immediately going to your sms messages, calling people and seeing whose on your contacts, your photos!

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
On November 7, 2007 a trumpet player I was working with handed me his iPhone and said "Play with it. You can't hurt it". Every show for the rest of that week (7 shows) he let me "play" with his phone. The last show of the week was Sunday night at 7

When I came into the theatre to play the next show on Wednesday November 14, I owned one.

If anyone wants to see my phone I say "Go ahead. You can't hurt it".

Thanks Doug

Good Day

Dana

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Projectdarkside
Hello Sir

Tapping the screen too hard?

What do they do?
Bash it against their heads?

Dana

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
You gotta kind build a mental picture of what I'm about to say,

Tapping to hard?
-Have you have seen a toddler play with its mothers/fathers cell phone? you know how their just queezing the buttons, or screen to see it pixelate?

Or when its someone's first time playing with a touch screen device(Not Generalizing), and didn't touch the option they wanted they'll get agitated or frustrated and tap harder an more precise possible leaving "signs of distress" :(

guest0320

Silver
Nov 11, 2007
Toddlers?
What are they and why would they be NEAR my iPhone?
:)

What I HAVE noticed is that women tend to use their fingernails on the touchscreen.
Then I explain it has to be their finger, not fingernail.

Good Day

Dana