Do you like "free memory"

Dec 8, 2008
N
i just got it, seems alright... Do you guys like it? Has anyone used it?

Dec 8, 2008
N
Haha yeah i wonder how accurate it really is

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I downloaded this out of sheer curiosity. I wouldn't have thought Apple would allow something like this in the appstore.

It seems to do what it says, although whether this speeds up the phone or not remains to be seen. I wish I had this when I was jailbroken...

Dec 8, 2008
N
Haha im surprized about Apple alowing it also, ita weird, i wanna see a list of what is ans what is not allowed to run on iPhone, anyways i definitely don't get crashes anymore

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I downloaded this out of sheer curiosity. I wouldn't have thought Apple would allow something like this in the appstore.

It seems to do what it says, although whether this speeds up the phone or not remains to be seen. I wish I had this when I was jailbroken...
I think all it does is "a kind of re-boot"...You can't kill the mail.app and other stock .app!

Dec 8, 2008
N
It took care of my crashing problems, i don't see speed increse or anything

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
It took care of my crashing problems, i don't see speed increse or anything
Yes exactly - when some apps keep crashing it sometimes help by re-booting the iPhone. This "Free Memory" just clean up things - and you're ready.

But as the developer say: it can take about 1-2 minutes to clean - in that time I can reboot my iPhone..

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It has never taken longer than two or three seconds to free memory with this app. Apparently, a recent update really improved its operation.

Dec 8, 2008
N
Yeah , i got that messege saying that it will take a while and it frooze for like a minute / then rebooted. It wouldve been a lot easier to just reboot. Its good to go into "mail". "safari" and then holding home key for 5 seconds then release the home key, and that kills the app. So when "free memory" says that its under for megas don't rebboot. Just go kill app with the holding home for 5 seconds deal, then "free memory" will show above 4 mb

iksn

Silver
Aug 7, 2008
Near Las Vegas
It claims it only takes a couple of minutes if you are under 4mbs. In that case, you could reboot.
Anyway, this is a Great App! I've played with it for a few minutes and realize it can give some good info and it works.
It also has a battery meter which works great.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
It claims it only takes a couple of minutes if you are under 4mbs. In that case, you could reboot.
Anyway, this is a Great App! I've played with it for a few minutes and realize it can give some good info and it works.
It also has a battery meter which works great.
That's what I'm going to use for - more info. I'm not jailbroken, so the app sure give some fresh memory and more info!

crupp

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Atlanta
Everytime i use it it does a nice job of clearing the memory but when i keep it open I can watch my memory go back down almost as quickly has it was cleared. I'm not real sure that 10secs of free memory is doing me much good.

Am i doing something wrong?

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Everytime i use it it does a nice job of clearing the memory but when i keep it open I can watch my memory go back down almost as quickly has it was cleared. I'm not real sure that 10secs of free memory is doing me much good.

Am i doing something wrong?
First of all - are you jailbroken? The "Free Memory" app shouldn't let these processes start again!?

dcom

Zealot
Gold
Aug 7, 2007
Suwanee, GA
I'm on a stock 2.2 3G phone. I installed Free Memory (v1.3), then ran it. I had about 7 Meg free so I told it to free up the 20Meg, which it did in a few seconds. Then I noticed that I lost my cell/data signal. The normal bars in the top left corner of the screen were replaced with "No Service".

After launching Safari, the bars and 3G came back but Safari couldn't open any pages. I had to reboot and when I did, the signal was restored and Free Memory reported about 30 Meg free.

So, it does seem to do what it reports, even with the minor hiccup I experienced. I'm not sure if it made things any snappier but so far, everything's running fine.