Do you ninja swipe?

Do you unlock your phone without looking?

• Yes

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I was curious to see if you were like me - a ninja swiper. I find myself "swiping" the screen without looking in order to unlock it. For no tactile feedback, I've become quite good at memorizing where things are. It was bound to happen. Anyone else?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
sorry. Pirate till I die. Just how I was made. LOL

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes i do that all the time, i do it in my pocket then take it out when i want to look at messages.... i am a ninja swiper...... hayyyyyy yaaaa!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Who's gonna answer no on this? We're all friggin' ninjas right?

I just wish they'd make the "home-button-double-tap-pop-up" iPod controls a little bigger. It's rather hard to hit that "next track" thingy that's only like 50 pixels big while driving. Though I can nearly do that ninjally.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Who's gonna answer no on this? We're all friggin' ninjas right?

I just wish they'd make the "home-button-double-tap-pop-up" iPod controls a little bigger. It's rather hard to hit that "next track" thingy that's only like 50 pixels big while driving. Though I can nearly do that ninjally.
lol - a girl at work can barely work it while looking at it. :) but then again, we're all techies, right?

divabimbers

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
Arizona
I voted yes since I can and have done it but sometimes I end up being a klutz and it just won't work. So then I've got to look at the screen but all the more reason to stare at the iPhone's beauty, right? ;)

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I voted yes. I can hit the home button and swipe before the screen even comes up. Sometimes the phone studders for a second trying to catch up to me.
But now I have a passlock on my phone, so I have to look till I can type the code blindfolded. I got a little paranoid about the possibility of losing my phone, which is why I now have the code. It goes with the ID from www.ifoundyouriPhone.com recovery service. (it's free right now)

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I look first. iPhone is so pretty that I look at it every chance I get! I will give the Ninja swipe a try-it did not occur to me.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
well, yeah i guess so now that i think about it. i guess we're all just used to doing that so much that it just comes to us naturally now :laugh2:

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Ninja's may do it with stealth due to a psychological feeling of embarrassment over having such a purdy phone. That is understandable, but cowardly. Ninja's are as ninja's do.

As a member of the Pirate persuasion, however, I whip out my iPhone and with a rather obvious flourish unlock the phone, ensuring that the world sees my swagger and confidence. "Arrrrrrrrrgh" optional, not encouraged during businesss meetings.

:laugh2:

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
im definitely a ninja swiper. I'm getting quite good at typing without looking now too.

singlefilerock

Bronze
Dec 27, 2007
i am definitely a ninja swiper
i pull it out of my pocket and without even thinking its at the home screen less than a second after i pressed the home button..
and i text without looking and such..

ninja swipers FTW!

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
im definitely a ninja swiper. I'm getting quite good at typing without looking now too.
qft

I still look before pressing space, just to make sure I didn't get so far off even the autocorrect can't save me, but that's not half bad compared to my stumbling on every other key when I first started on an iPod touch.

Like a few already said, I'm no ninja iPodder... They need to make an option where it turns the volume switch into iPod controls. I never use the hard volume switch. Well, except when in a call, but I'd much rather have the option to turn it into an iPod track control. That just seems like one of those obvious options. Double click a volume switch or the home button to play/stop, volume up for previous track, down for next track