Do you really need 32 gb?

1. pizafootbal

pizafootbal New Member

So, my question is how do you fill 32 GB? Why do people get the 32 gb model of iPhones? It costs $100!

2. monte1985

monte1985 Member

My 32gb phone is pretty much full. Only have like 1.2gb left thats free. Got almost 20gb of music , 7 gb of vids and the rest is apps and pics. Fills up fast .

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. pizafootbal

pizafootbal New Member

I stand corrected... lol

5. Watcher

Watcher Zealot Gold

Uuuuhhhh... yeah... I need even more. I've got over 100GB of music, and yes, I like to have a variety of music with me depending on the mood I'm in. Plus, I like to have a considerable amount of space free for taking HD video. Oh, and I like to keep at least 5 movies on my iPhone just to pass the time especially when I take breaks at work.

6. shupik69

shupik69 Member Silver

I have the 16 gig 3gs and keep 3-5 gigs free at all times...im nervous about getting too low! Scared i crash it, i guess...I had an old HP that warned me it was low on space...ever since then, i keep apps off i like for fear of over-flowing! Crazy huh? If you can afford bigger....GO BIGGER!

7. gibby71

gibby71 Member Silver

My wife is pregnant, so I will be a dad soon. I am sure I will fill up my 32G fast with HD Video. :eek:k:eek:k

8. gotzaiPhone

gotzaiPhone Zealot Gold

I only got 4GB left on a 32GB phone, so yes, you can and will need it!

9. PatM

PatM New Member

9300 pics, only 2 videos, apps and a few gigs of music. Still have 17.2 gigs free. I'll get it full eventually. You can never have too much free space.

10. gadgetgal

gadgetgal Member Bronze

It all depends on what people want to store on it. I don't need the 32 because I don't store huge music and video libraries on there. I store a little, but not the amounts I hear that others do. I'm more of an app and internet user (plus phone and some texting of course). I do have a few albums and a bunch of individual songs, but I would never need a whole library on there.

11. Bgimpie

Bgimpie New Member Bronze

No but I wanted one:)

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

12. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist Gold

Don't worry about that with the iPhone. You can fill it up! I mean you want "some" room for adding a quick app or song.

But performance will not be affected if you fill it up. The area that holds the operating system is even separate from the area that holds our media. And the RAM on the iPhone 4 is double that of the iPhone 3GS, which in turn was double that of the 3G/1G.

Michael

13. jarofclay73

jarofclay73 Zealot Gold

I always say go for the most amount of storage space unless you really, really know you don't need it. Within the 2 years you will probably have this phone you don't want to say, "Oh, I wish I got the 32GB iPhone 4." With that said, I'm almost sorry I didn't get the 64GB iPad. I didn't realize I have enough movies and apps to fill that. :p

14. canamera

canamera Zealot Gold

July 30th, it will be available here in Toronto, Canada! I will definitely be getting the 32 gig! For an extra $100, I want to make sure I have all the space I may need.

15. IPhone warrior

IPhone warrior Member Bronze

I'm soo glad I got the 32gb. The 16 gb 3 GS filled up quick. I have 6 movies 2 seasons of family guy, 2 seasons of American dad, 2000+ photos, 60 apps, a few hd videos, 1000 songs, and I have 10 GB left. I can't wait for the 64gb!

16. pizafootbal

pizafootbal New Member

Wow! Lots and lots of content!

17. Eninety2

Eninety2 Member Silver

I bet the refresh next year gets the 64gb treatment.

18. YvilKittyInSpace

YvilKittyInSpace Member Bronze

I have 88GB in music alone. If there had been a 64GB model I would have bought that and filled it up.

19. pizafootbal

pizafootbal New Member

Wow. You guys have tons of music and stuff. Lol I can't even fill 8 GB!

20. Lizy

Lizy Member Bronze

I currently have the 16gb, and i feel regret that i didn't get the 32gb, recording videos on the iPhone taken up a lot of space. and i barely had enough when i was on vacation. so to answer your question, if you're gonna take a lot of pictures and videos with your iPhone 4, get the 32gb one.

21. pizafootbal

pizafootbal New Member

You can try exchanging it.