Do you think a firmware release can make difference to battery life?

laststanding

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
I am not really sure if that can be possible, m not that technical enough. But was just wondering if Apple can do something with their first release of firmware that may do some modification to current frame and possibly help us save on battery life?

is that possible? If not, is it fair to say we are screwed?:eek:

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Somewhat it can... like they could figure out power saving methods, and release those in an firmware. So ya it could

KNemesis

Jul 23, 2008
Inland Empire, CA
im currently waiting for my DF'd iPhone to be delivered (on monday)...but i used to have a blackjack I awhile ago. when the BJ first came out w/ windows mobile 5, it sucked the life out of the battery so much that Samsung gave you TWO batteries with the blackjack up front...and they also allowed for the customers who bought the initial BJs to get an extended life battery FOR FREE! and then when they updated to Windows Mobile 6 for the blackjack I...the battery life was improved dramatically.

so yes...firmware CAN have an effect on battery life. and it being that i've already ordered the iPhone...im hoping Apple can do the same!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I could swear that v1 battery life was improved last year after a couple of updates. Everyone use to complain about it at first too.

jareknyc

Silver
Aug 27, 2007
NYC
they will have to use nuclear batteries ;)

desibhar

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
Of course... Just like when you turn down your brightness, that saves battery life. No need for a hardware change.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Apple needs a firmware update anyway. 2.0 is still rather buggy (SMS app anyone?) so I think Apple will be releasing something relatively soon. Hopefully they'll be able to take care of battery life a little bit as well.