do you think Apple will RE-LOCK the iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

southmade

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
i recently got the iphoen and unlocked it to use with my tmobile

i DO NOT WANT ATT

i love tmobile

and i am in love with the iPhone

i hope to god they do not ruin it foreveryone who feels liek i

please post your thoughts

if a new firmware come s out that relocks the iphoen will we have to updte our phone?

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
i had the same thought but peopel just kept telling me u choose to update or not but then again there always some updates that will make a difference and then you have to choose errr...

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Every firmware upgrade will undoubtedly break things, its just the nature of the businesss.

If your unlock is a modification of system files then you can bet they'll be restored after an upgrade.

This pretty much sucks for everyone with modded phones, unlocked or not, we'll all have to do a restore after we wait-out the next firmware upgrade and get the word it's safe to do so.

As enthusiastic as you are about using the iPhone, do you know it only gets better if you're on it's preferred network? I was also on Tmobile before switching to my iPhone.

southmade

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
so firmware goes directly to iutunes right?

so the new firmware will never get directly sent to the iphoen liek an over the air update ?

so even if the new firmware does kill an unlock we could just never update firmware?

right ? ? ?

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
so firmware goes directly to iutunes right?

so the new firmware will never get directly sent to the iphoen liek an over the air update ?

so even if the new firmware does kill an unlock we could just never update firmware?

right ? ? ?

yes, to update the firmwire you have to update it through iTunes...unless they decide to be mean and try to do it over the air...which it highly unlikly....imgaine them trying to update the firmwire for all the iPhone owners using edge...the bandwith would max out...

southmade

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Just Thought About Something

Att Cannot Do An Over The Air Update To Tmobile Users!

Looks Liek The Only Way You Can Get Relocked Is If You Do A System Update On iTunes Correct?

Prelector

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
yes, to update the firmwire you have to update it through iTunes...unless they decide to be mean and try to do it over the air...which it highly unlikly....imgaine them trying to update the firmwire for all the iPhone owners using edge...the bandwith would max out...
Yes, ATT/Apple can over the air update. They already have at least once as a matter of fact (the new iLife photo update).

However, the current software unlocks work by modifying the bootloader (I believe they all do at least), and it's highly unlikely that Apple/ATT wants to modify the bootloader OTA. Way too likely for something to happen and brick the phone. Any system modification is most likely to be an iTunes based upgrade. (but not guaranteed)