Do you think I'll be covered?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 11, 2007
Yeah so I went on a trip a couple of weeks ago and decided to bring my car charger. I was sitting in the back seat and my car charger was plugged in the front...but the charger cable is coiled so there was a lot of resistance as it kept pulling back. This happened before with my old 30GB iPod but nothing bad happened to it so I didn't think anything of it.

After I got home and plugged it back into the cable that my phone came with, it wouldn't charge my phone. I have to wiggle it around and get it just at the right angle to charge so I think the inner charger on my phone is a little bent or something. I tried another cable and had the same problem. I also get the same problem when I charge my phone on its dock.

Yeah so I'm just wondering if you think I'll be covered with my warranty or not. Do you think they'll let me send it in for a replacement or am I just PWNED?

Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry I think I posted this in the wrong section...can the Mods please move it to the correct section?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
you have nearly broken the solder connection to the board. Quite a common problem with laptop ac power connections. With the phone they might not KNOW that it was user abuse and kick you down a new one. Good luck

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
i would give it a try. My bro had similar problem with his verizon phone and went to verizon and they told him by that being broke that it voids the manfact. warranty so hopefully that wont happen to you with your iPhone. Does anyone have Apple care for there iPhone? Is it worth it? Ive been thinking about getting that for mine just incase

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
Sorry to be the voice of reason but if you damaged your phone, I suggest you pay to have it repaired.

Does anyone have Apple care for there iPhone? Is it worth it? Ive been thinking about getting that for mine just incase
AppleCare wouldn't make any difference in this case...it only extends the manufacturer's warranty and does not cover damage, loss, etc.

Chris716

Nov 29, 2007
IL
yes i knew it wouldn't be good in this case but i was wondering if having it is a good idea. Ive never bought insurance or extended warranty before but just thinking about it due to the price of it

binLatin

Nov 4, 2007
play dumb ...tell them all of a sudden it isn't chargin unless u wiggle it around ...worked for me when i dropped my iPhone and had the vibrate issue ...they simply just handed me a new one