Do you think Samsung S4 will take a chunk of Apple market share ?

Do you think Samsung S4 will take a chunk of Apple market share ?

• Total voters
Apr 12, 2013
Samsung's latest flagship Galaxy smartphone goes on sale this week, as the South Korean giant seeks to cement its lead over faltering rival Apple in an increasingly saturated market.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Samsung is already proving itself to be a predatory competitor in the smartphone world. As a sole hardware manufacturer and sole user of iOS software, Apple has done a phenomenal job in gaining the market share it currently holds. Whether Apple can maintain that remains to be seen. Apple is under a lot of pressure to innovate hardware and software. Samsung could very well take Apple market share should Apple be behind the technological 8-ball.

Sent using iCafe app

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I don't see it as sharing the market more like as expanding.
The market is still growing.
Nevertheless phones will not be enough in the futur to carry either company. The next big innovation which also needs to be affordable for the regular consumer will take over the market.

Nrevezzo

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
Canton, Mi
I hesitate to switch from the Apple products because of their integration to iTunes, iCloud, and iMessage. I know there are ways to make iTunes work with Android products and there is an iCloud equivalent. I don't see enough of a reason to make me switch.

hot_mamma311

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Chicago
My husband just got the S4 and it is a sexy phone...He's trying to convince me to switch but I'm not willing to do that until I see the next iPhone. I'm really hoping its announced in June not sure how much longer I can wait. Plus I have an iPad and MacBook they all look so nice together :)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I think the S4 just continues the trend of the S3. It'll catch some people who might be considering a switch and are looking for a larger screen. From a physical appearance, there isn't much difference from the S3 to S4, so there isn't a wow factor. That wow factor resides with the HTC One, but HTC doesn't have the marketing muscle of Samsung or Apple. I saw the new Samsung S4 commercial last night. The focus, as was with the launch, is on kitschy features. I'm not so sure most people use those more than once, if ever.

I tried to find the commercial, but wasn't able to locate it on YouTube.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
I think the S4 just continues the trend of the S3. It'll catch some people who might be considering a switch and are looking for a larger screen. From a physical appearance, there isn't much difference from the S3 to S4, so there isn't a wow factor. That wow factor resides with the HTC One, but HTC doesn't have the marketing muscle of Samsung or Apple. I saw the new Samsung S4 commercial last night. The focus, as was with the launch, is on kitschy features. I'm not so sure most people use those more than once, if ever.

Lol thanks Chris! That answers my question I posted to you on twitter last night! I'm debating s3 or s4? This razr HD is doing nothing for me lol.

Sent using iCafe app

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
Well so far these 3 things are untouchable on the new GS4 screen resolution/pixel density, battery life, and features.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO

Are you still testing the HTC One Chris? I checked your Android site and didn't see a review up yet.