Do you think Siri will become self aware?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona

It needs to be automatic of course. And hopefully does not resort to the tired voice (out of) control which never really worked for me :)

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I wish Siri would automatically deactivate itself and default to Voice Control when the data connection is dropped. Now that would be AI-like and it would solve the problem with no iPod controls in remote areas. Or at least let us use a voice command to deactivate Siri and fall back to Voice Control.

I think you just came up with an awesome tweak once the 4S is jailbroken! Great idea!

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Hmm. I didn't think about disabling Siri. I was driving so I wouldn't have done it anyway, but now that you mention it, I'm sure that would have worked.
I would have tried but when you turn the switch she resets and then she has to learn imutterlangauge all over again.
I can report as Siri may be programmed to know accents it is certainly not "German Accent" she had to learn it first ..which she is doing now better then expected. I also forbid anyone else to talk to her at this point so all input she get's is imutter !

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I wish Siri would automatically deactivate itself and default to Voice Control when the data connection is dropped. Now that would be AI-like and it would solve the problem with no iPod controls in remote areas. Or at least let us use a voice command to deactivate Siri and fall back to Voice Control.

I need that as well ....without Siri resetting switching to voice

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Oops! The iPhone doesn't look at context; it automatically puts the apostrophe in regardless if it's needed or not. I forgot to fix it that time. :)
Well I noticed that too! :)

But my comment was more about referring to Siri as an "it." :D

Michael

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I would have tried but when you turn the switch she resets and then she has to learn imutterlangauge all over again.
I can report as Siri may be programmed to know accents it is certainly not "German Accent" she had to learn it first ..which she is doing now better then expected. I also forbid anyone else to talk to her at this point so all input she get's is imutter !
Yes I noticed that it deletes whatever is stored on Apple's servers when you disable Siri. Last week when Siri was down a lot one of the "solutions" was to disable and reenable Siri. All that did for me was cause me to lose whatever settings were stored in the cloud.

But it does mean shutting off Siri might not be something you want to do regularly.

Michael

Syamil

Bronze
Jan 31, 2011
Singapore
There's nothing which humans create without weaknesses & flaws,though it may not be that obvious. ^.^

God created us with flaws with a reason. So, don't worry too much about Siri doing world domination!:D

It's fun to read on what creative responses ppl will post here regarding the subject of the thread. ^_^

Flyingstar

Bronze
Jul 29, 2007
So. Cal
My Siri must be the dumbest. can't give one correct answer. doesn't understand anything I say to it....Damn sure not going to be taking over the world any time soon.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
@flyingstar

Quite the contrary, description fits perfectly with every politician running my country.

Reactions: Flyingstar