Do you think the iPhone Nano is on the way?

Will Apple release an iPhone Nano?

• Heck no! No one will buy it!

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • Yup! They'll sell a ton

Votes: 20 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 21, 2008
At first I was very skeptical about all the fake looking images online and all the rumors. But it looks like a lot more "evidence" has been leaked. Do you think an iPhone Nano is on the way? And will it be priced at $99?

Given all the leaked info I think it is definitely a possibility. There is the iPhone Nano case mock up out of China and product page from XSKN

http://gizmodo.com/5116858/iphone-nano-case-product-page-product-pics-shown-off-by-xskn

Then there are the other Chinese case makers who have added product pages to their sites or revealed case mock ups.

I most likely won't buy an iPhone Nano, I already own an iPhone 3G but I do see there being a market for a cheaper stripped down iPhone. Anyone else think the iPhone Nano is coming soon?

Last edited by a moderator:

dwp1975

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Rockville, MD
With Apple, anything is possible. If they is a iPhone Nano in the works, the form factor won't change, just the functionality will be stripped down. Apple put a lot of money into the R+D for the form factor of the 2 existing iPhones so they are not going to mess with that for a lesser model. You will just lose certain functions, possibly wifi.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i think it is definitely coming, but not in the way indicated in the pictures above.

I'll call it now: wifi only. basic phone with no data plan. 4 or 8 GB storage. May or may not have a camera, smaller screen, and slower processor. Everything else is the same.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I think it's definitely on the way too. They need to gradually increase the range of models available etc.

Think Hippo's guesses on spec differences sound very possible too, although I think it may well be very close to the 'leaked' pics ....

rj5620

Bronze
Jun 2, 2007
I think an iPhone in a smaller form factor and weight factor would be nice. The screen size is still very usable for the browser and all the other iPhone stuff would be unchanged. :laugh2:

Dec 15, 2008
I do think so,
and also, I even seen a video on youtube as well, It's like an ad from AT&T. Though I knew that was a fake one, but looks really cool~

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Apple does not allow AT&T (or anyone else) to advertise iPhones, so that is definitely bogus.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
You should change the poll to 4 choices.. You are implying that if they do make them they will sell a ton, and if they don't, no one will buy it. Which isn't necessarily going to be true

Yes they will release and sell a lot.
Yes they will release but no one is going to buy one.
No they aren't going to release it but I think I think it would do well.
No they arent going to release, thank god, cause no one would ever buy one!

Just a thought cause what I thought wasn't an option.

They will eventually make one but it is not going to have the success of the iPhone.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
You should change the poll to 4 choices.. You are implying that if they do make them they will sell a ton, and if they don't, no one will buy it. Which isn't necessarily going to be true

Yes they will release and sell a lot.
Yes they will release but no one is going to buy one.
No they aren't going to release it but I think I think it would do well.
No they arent going to release, thank god, cause no one would ever buy one!

Just a thought cause what I thought wasn't an option.

They will eventually make one but it is not going to have the success of the iPhone.
yeah, thats kinda what i was thinking at first... and i pick

"No they aren't going to release it but I think I think it would do well."

and the reason i think that is because im pretty sure Apple would want to keep the same 320x480 (is that right?) display

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i think it's pretty clear that any of the most common requested features are going to be included on Apple's timeline (if at all).

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i mean Apple will release them when they decide to release them. it isn't a situation where they need to dedicate more resources to getting the job done, so, in my opinion, the release of an iPhone nano would not have an appreciable effect on the functionality of iPhone 3Gs.

Panache010

Silver
Aug 19, 2007
Even if it did I couldn't sacrifice a large screen for a smaller one.
Im talking about the iPhone Pro. Not the nano! Id NEVER buy a nano even if it came with 15Mpix, C&P, MMS, True GPS navagation & a 64 gig HD