Do you type one finger or two thumbs?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Do you type one finger or two thumbs?

• One finger

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Two thumbs

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
So far I'm finding it really difficult to type with two thumbs. One finger seems to work well. Maybe later I'll try two thumbs as I get more comfortable with the interface.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I found typing with two thumbs increasingly more difficult as the iPhone is so thin and has a completely smooth flat back. Anyone else have this problem getting a grip on it?

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
I'm typing predominately with 2 thumbs. Just as they said, I'm getting pretty used to it and I'm typing pretty much just as fast as with my old Motorola v551.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
It's not made for 2 thumbs, and if you try to type quickly on the keyboard, you'll see why. WAY better just holding it with one hand and tapping away with the other.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
I have the sample problem with holding it securely and typing with two thumbs. It just doesn't feel comfortable and I keep hitting the wrong keys. I'm much more accurate with one finger.

I wonder if there's a two finger method that could also work? Or even work up to a full four finger method! (Okay, now I'm dreaming.)

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
So far I'm finding it really difficult to type with two thumbs. One finger seems to work well. Maybe later I'll try two thumbs as I get more comfortable with the interface.
I'm also having pretty good luck typing with one finger. The learning curve for the keyboard isn't nearly as steep as I thought it might be.

jgh2k

Bronze
May 9, 2007
So Cal USA
I did find it a bit funky to use two thumbs due to the thin size, but when I got a Cellet skin for it (sorry Rob, but they had it in stock at the Apple store) it was much easier to type.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
i use both actually. Two thumbs to support my one finger input. IE: One finger is what comes naturally...then I speed up a bit with the two thumbs. Hehehe sounds intimitely sexual. But u get my meaning.
I USE ROBHONS COVERS!:laugh2: