Votes: 33 55.9%
  • No, I'm lazy.

Votes: 26 44.1%

• Total voters

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Ok so I want to see how many people put a passcode on their phone. I currently don't and with the increase in personal information on my phone, I have started to think about it. Isn't it annoying to type the passcode every time you want to just look at the calendar or respond to a text?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I could never be bothered with all that. I'm fortunate that my life isn't top-secret enough to warrant it. Besides, my phone is either in my pocket or in my hand, in front of my face. If someone is holding it, I'm aware of the situation.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I don't use one either. I tend to put any critical / sensitive information only into digital wallet apps that do have passcodes / encryption etc. In notes and other apps, I don't have anything top secret.

Also, like Dave, I just can't think of a situation where I'm not fully aware of where the iPhone is ...

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Ok not that kind of information but I mean all the apps store your passwords such as your email, facebook, etc so if you loose it you have to remember all the apps that stored your password, and then change it.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
^^ Good point. I wouldn't have an issue remembering these, as there are only a few - one mail account, Facebook, Twitter, Friendfeed ...

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I don't know why any of you don't use the lock- anyone can turn around and say 'well what if you lose it?'

or if you leave it at work and you come back to get your beloved phone to find 5 men giggling around your phone looking at naked pictures of you and your mrs in some form of strange karma sutra position! :)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I don't know why any of you don't use the lock- anyone can turn around and say 'well what if you lose it?'
I'll repeat...

my phone is either in my pocket or in my hand, in front of my face.
I'm really not kidding. "Losing" my iPhone is, to me, a seeming impossibility considering my interaction with it.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'll repeat...

I'm really not kidding. "Losing" my iPhone is, to me, a seeming impossibility considering my interaction with it.

you've shot yourself in the foot, your going to lose it somewhere now after saying that!

You did it not me.... (get a passcode lock quick before everyone sees pics of you, animals and yoghurt)

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
I use one when I'm at work. We're required to leave cell phones in bins outside our workcenter. Since I have little positive control over it while there, if it's stolen at least they'll not be able to get to my data.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
you've shot yourself in the foot, your going to lose it somewhere now after saying that!

You did it not me.... (get a passcode lock quick before everyone sees pics of you, animals and yoghurt)
lol!

Nah, I've returned a couple mobiles in my life. Karma's got my back.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
mate, that's the ultimate sin... Karma! thats a still a pretty good answer though.

Passcode lock is defo for me, it's simple, keeps people out of your stuff if they find it!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Kama sutra's got a lot of people's backs.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
The only reason I use one is to get rid of the SMS preview thing. It just annoys me to see part of the SMS on the locked screen. I have it set to 4 hours so the only time I ever have to input the code is when I wake up in the morning. I just don't see how someone can think that is an inconvenience.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
I use one when I'm at work. We're required to leave cell phones in bins outside our workcenter. Since I have little positive control over it while there, if it's stolen at least they'll not be able to get to my data.
What kind of place do you work at where you have to leave your cell phone in a bin?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
What kind of place do you work at where you have to leave your cell phone in a bin?

i was thinkin exactly the same thing...?

My iPhone does not belong in no bin... it belongs in a nice warm palm being gently stroked from time to time

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I have it set to 4 hours so the only time I ever have to input the code is when I wake up in the morning. I just don't see how someone can think that is an inconvenience.
Thanks man! Learn something everyday... I had no clue about that feature. I may just start using a passcode now. Just because it will make me feel like James Bond every 4 hours.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Don't ever take it to jury duty then.

Thats a fair point. Tell you what, when/if i ever get called to do my part for the community, i will stroke my phone (in a non-eroctic fashion) and get someone to stick it on youtube!

Do you think i'll get a reaction from the people in there?

Sh*ts and giggles

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
My iPhone does not belong in no bin... it belongs in a nice warm palm being gently stroked from time to time
Sure you're not confusing it with something else? LOL

Anyway, I work in US government, highly classified stuff. Can't bring in anything with a radio. It's not like it's out on the street. Still...