Do you use the pass code lock?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I started this thread just because I was bored and wanted to see how many people use the passcode lock to lock there phones.

I personally used mine for a while but then just got tired of using it because I'm on my phone so much, so I turned it off.

Last edited by a moderator:

TimmBxX

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
I have it set to go off every 15 minutes.
I couldnt handle it if it went off every time I turned the phone on from sleep, since I put the phone in sleep mood between every text or anything I do.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
nope. there's too many taps and slides as it is, imo.

most people that look at my iPhone can't figure out how to unlock it anyway.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
I do, only for text privacy purposes. I set it for 4 hours as someone here suggested in that particular thread.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
I need the password since it's important for when I walk through-out the city. I rather them NOT raise my bill or view text messages and have phone numbers of people I talk to.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
My little brothers have a tendency to mess with my stuff when I'm asleep. But I only see them once every week or two, so it's inconvenient to have the pass code lock on throughout the rest of the week. I suppose the 4 hour setting is an alright in-between, then it's pretty much only pass code locked once or twice a day...but I wish there were an easy way to lock it with pass code on demand, without going through the menu to turn it on "immediately" and then turn it back off later.

I feel fairly secure with it, I'm attached at the hip - My cousin bought me a case with a belt clip that doubles as a swiveling stand. It adds enough bulk that I know when it's there and when it's not. I keep it in my pocket instead of showing it off throughout the day, so, I don't think I am at as much risk of leaving it behind. Of course, with that said, now, I will probably lose it.

AWY

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
California
I use this function while at work. While at work, at times, my phone is on my desk and I don't want anyone to have access to any personal data . . . Just in case.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
i have it turned on just so that my iPhone wont show the preview of texts. people don't need to read my texts when my phone is just lying there

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
1. i actually have a question about this. if you set a passcode, and you or someone enters the wrong code too many times will it lock the phone and make you have to take it to the att store or something like that to get it unlocked again? i accidentally did this once with another phone, and i was really mad that i had to do this and never set it again.

2. i don't really like that it asks you to set a new passcode everytime you want to turn it on, because i don't want to have someone using it and set a code and i wont be able to get into it.... which brings me to a different question, what would you have to do to get it unlocked it this happens or if you forget your passcode?

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
1. i actually have a question about this. if you set a passcode, and you or someone enters the wrong code too many times will it lock the phone and make you have to take it to the att store or something like that to get it unlocked again? i accidentally did this once with another phone, and i was really mad that i had to do this and never set it again.

2. i don't really like that it asks you to set a new passcode everytime you want to turn it on, because i don't want to have someone using it and set a code and i wont be able to get into it.... which brings me to a different question, what would you have to do to get it unlocked it this happens or if you forget your passcode?
im not sure to the answer of your first question, but if the phone did lock itself you could do a restore and then tell iTunes not to use the old back up but to set it up as a new phone. any data that was on your phone would be lost, but there wouldn't be a passcode set anymore. you can sync all your contacts and pics to your computer so you wouldn't lose them but any notes on your phone would be lost.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Back in August and September I would use it during the week, because I was very cautious about it being stolen during school. I'm not paranoid about that anymore, so, no.

- John