Do you use your iPhone at the gym?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by crazyone, Jul 4, 2012.

1. crazyone

crazyone New Member

If so how do you carry it? Is there a belt clip that would work with an existing case?

2. Lindsay Au

Lindsay Au New Member

I can't fit my iPhone into an armband without taking it out of its existing case. I have a running belt that it fits into with its case, but there isn't easy access to it. Lately I've been carrying it in my hand so I can change the song if its not motivating enough.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Lifeproof.com
    They have an arm band that fits their cases & works great.

4. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

I do. I use an Armpocket armband - it's big enough to carry my iPhone, car keys, and gym membership card. I may need to upgrade to the larger size if the new iPhone is taller, though since I don't think it will fit in the model I have now (which has worked with every iPhone so far).

5. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

When I'm sporting my LifeProof, I don't use anything. I just carry it if I don't have pockets. But out of a case I have an armband I like. I use my phone for videos while running on the treadmill.

When not in a case I have one of those dashboard non-slip rubber pads cut to fit my phone. I put the sticky side on the phone so it has a no-slip surface. Stays put even with the vibration.

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

6. glsda

glsda Zealot
    Gold

7. I put it in my bag...:)

8. maplelegend

maplelegend Member
    Bronze

don't like to carry my iPhone while working our, my gym has TV show so I can kill time:)

9. Woodhunter

Woodhunter New Member

i do but I went and bouth a lifeproof case. it works great on my forearm and doesn't slip. ( won't go around my upper arm.) no i am not joking or bragging it just won't fit. but i have no issues of it sliding or moving with it on my forearm.

10. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Friend of mine has the same issue& have heard that complaint from many others as well. Hope they are looking into more sizes or some type of an extension piece.

11. SJU87

SJU87 Member
    Bronze

I use a BCK-08 bluetooth adapter for $12 with my favorite headphones and place the iPhone in the magazine rack on a treadmill to watch Downcast while I run. Then, when lifting the iPhone goes in my shorts pocket and I put on a audio podcast to listen to or just music. I got a phone protector case from Gander Mountain in their canoe/kayak section for about $10 bucks (think iphone-size, heavy duty yet stylish ziplock bag) that the touchscreen works with and that alleviates worries of sweat/moisture damage. Plus, with the bluetooth, I don't have to worry about damaging the headphone jack if I were to bump into something.