Do you use your iPhone at the gym?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lindsay Au

Aug 8, 2012
I can't fit my iPhone into an armband without taking it out of its existing case. I have a running belt that it fits into with its case, but there isn't easy access to it. Lately I've been carrying it in my hand so I can change the song if its not motivating enough.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I do. I use an Armpocket armband - it's big enough to carry my iPhone, car keys, and gym membership card. I may need to upgrade to the larger size if the new iPhone is taller, though since I don't think it will fit in the model I have now (which has worked with every iPhone so far).

Target

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 16, 2008
The Great State of WV.
When I'm sporting my LifeProof, I don't use anything. I just carry it if I don't have pockets. But out of a case I have an armband I like. I use my phone for videos while running on the treadmill.

When not in a case I have one of those dashboard non-slip rubber pads cut to fit my phone. I put the sticky side on the phone so it has a no-slip surface. Stays put even with the vibration.

Target

Sent from my iPad2 using iCafe app

Feb 24, 2012
If so how do you carry it? Is there a belt clip that would work with an existing case?
i do but I went and bouth a lifeproof case. it works great on my forearm and doesn't slip. ( won't go around my upper arm.) no i am not joking or bragging it just won't fit. but i have no issues of it sliding or moving with it on my forearm.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
i do but I went and bouth a lifeproof case. it works great on my forearm and doesn't slip. ( won't go around my upper arm.) no i am not joking or bragging it just won't fit. but i have no issues of it sliding or moving with it on my forearm.
Friend of mine has the same issue& have heard that complaint from many others as well. Hope they are looking into more sizes or some type of an extension piece.

SJU87

Bronze
Feb 14, 2010
I use a BCK-08 bluetooth adapter for $12 with my favorite headphones and place the iPhone in the magazine rack on a treadmill to watch Downcast while I run. Then, when lifting the iPhone goes in my shorts pocket and I put on a audio podcast to listen to or just music. I got a phone protector case from Gander Mountain in their canoe/kayak section for about $10 bucks (think iphone-size, heavy duty yet stylish ziplock bag) that the touchscreen works with and that alleviates worries of sweat/moisture damage. Plus, with the bluetooth, I don't have to worry about damaging the headphone jack if I were to bump into something.