Do you want a bigger iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ailsa29, Jun 13, 2013.

1. ailsa29

ailsa29 New Member

Do you want a bigger iPhone? When I say a bigger iPhone, I am saying it would be similar in size to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

#1 ailsa29, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2013
  2. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

I'd like the bigger screen but I played around with the note 2 for a few weeks. Once novelty wears off carrying it around in your pocket becomes a drag. Too big for comfort.

Sent using iCafe app

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No. It's a MOBILE phone. It should be portable, easily fit in a pocket and you should be able to hold it with one hand and type with your thumb when necessary. Apple knows and values these things and I don't think we'll see a bigger iPhone. The iPad exists to fill the need for a bigger screen.

4. Adriano73

Adriano73 Contributor
    Bronze

Yep.

5. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

I definitely would. There are a lot of added screen sizes that can still be considered perfectly mobile. I found that the HTC One is a great example of this, with the Galaxy S 4 being just tad bit too large (IMO).

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

There is no way I could use an HTC One single handedly. Even guys with big hands have trouble using that phone one with one hand. Forget girls being able to do it.

7. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

No.

8. besweeet

besweeet Contributor
    Silver

Oops, missed the "I mean an iPhone as big as the Samsung note 2" part. In that case, HELL no.

9. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

I did, and now I have one. I switched to the Galaxy Note 2 about 6 weeks ago and I love it. No regrets at all and I am not missing anything at all about the iPhone. Maybe I'm an oddball, but I don't find that I often have a desperate need to hold a phone one-handed and thumb type.

I've been thinking of this sort of switch for a couple years, as my iPhone had become 'just' a phone / camera / music player. I hardly used any other apps on it, all my time spent with apps was spent on an iPad. I like bigger screens. I also find I like the 'phablet' form factor.

And I really like the S Pen stylus too - that has brought back one thing I got great use out of back in my Windows Mobile days - handwriting recognition.

10. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Not one bit, actually that could be one of the reasons I might dump the iPhone all together. If I want a small tablet I'll get one.

11. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Or just keep the iPhone 5 :D

12. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

Having both the iPhone 5 and the HTC One, I like the bigger screen on the One. The 5 feels to narrow to me and kind of awkward. I think a 4.3 inch screen would be perfect for the iPhone...... same height as the current 5 but a bit wider. I had the Note 2 for a few months and while it was a great device, it was just to big for me. As of now, the HTC One is my go to device.

~S

13. Redbull2000

Redbull2000 Member
    Bronze

Anything between 4.3 to 4.5 are perfect. Nothing bigger than that.

Sent using iCafe app

14. connie

connie Evangelist
    Gold

I would like the same size screen as the GalaxyS 3 or 4. Didn't like the phone much when I had it but loved the screen size. It was perfect.

Sent using iCafe app

15. ailsa29

ailsa29 New Member

note 2 is really too big and hard to carry.

16. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

I have to admit I find some of the slightly larger Android phones tempting though the Note is definitely too large. I wouldn't want a crazy large screen on an iPhone but I would dig one that's slightly bigger.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. psylichon

psylichon Genius

I would go up to 4.5" happily. Any larger is too large, even for my piano hands.

18. BrownGem

BrownGem Zealot
    Gold

I think Apple should offer a larger screen. Having a choice would be great. Some people just want it and others need it for better visibility. I never used my iPhone to the fullest ie surfing,vids etc because of the small screen size. Even reading text messages was a pain. Now I lug my iPad around all the time but I am much happier.

19. lwerle

lwerle Member
    Bronze

No. I don't want to hold a tablet to my ear or carry it in my pocket. The 5 is the perfect size. I see others with bigger screens and I laugh. It looks rather awkward in my opinion.

Sent using iCafe app

20. ailsa29

ailsa29 New Member

But bigger phone maybe the trend of the smartphones.