Do you wish you gotten a White iPhone vs Black or versus

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Vel Ford

Nov 11, 2012
I had a 4s black upgraded to the 5. Really wanted a white iPhone but bet back on black again now I am thinking maybe I should of went white hmmmmmm

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I got a black iPhone 5 and then I traded it in for a white one. I'm really glad I did because the combination of the aluminum and white glass and the sheen on the silver chamfers is super sexy.

That being said, I'll go with the black 5S next year just to switch it up. It looks really nice too.

Rugaby

Genius
Gold
Feb 18, 2011
Washington state
Super happy I got white. There is a black one in the house also but my white one is super sexy. Any case you put with it makes the white pop. No regrets here

Jerome G

Bronze
Jul 12, 2010
I have white, but the black looks nice too. I wish I could have both and switch it around when I wanted to.
That being said, I think it depends what kind of case I have on it. When I use the otterbox, you can't really see the phone anyway.

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
I had black (pre-order) and after a few weeks decided to trade someone on Craigslist for a white one..

They are both nice and I really don't know which I like better. The front of the black one looks better and the back of the white one looks better.

I go back and forth almost daily as which I liked better.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I was close to preordering the white model, but ended up with black. My wife has the white model and loves it. I am happy with black, but I may mix it up and get white next time.

Allan knight

Bronze
Nov 14, 2012
I have the black 5. I took a pic of the back and it looked pink. It must have been the lighting because as I moved my IPad around, the pink changed back to black. If I can figure out how to post pics, ill upload one that looks pink

Redbull2000

Bronze
Dec 4, 2012
Minnapolis
Had the white one and wish I got the black. The black to me just somewhere sexier and nice when put the cases on. Color black just match with almost anything. The only reason I got the white one just because the store I went to black was all out. Other hand, still love my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
My last white iPhone was a 3GS, and I loved it. Ever since they started making the screen bezel white, I've been really put off by the white iPhones. With my black iPhone 4, I swapped the back panel with a white one and it looked awesome, especially with a white bumper. But now with the revised design, the back panel is essentially impossible to swap, so that idea's out.

To be honest, I'm not crazy about either iPhone 5 color. My ideal color would be black glass and plain aluminum - not black anodized. Basically going back to the roots of iPhone 1:

lookatsell25530516100716_1-gif.jpg

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
My last white iPhone was a 3GS, and I loved it. Ever since they started making the screen bezel white, I've been really put off by the white iPhones. With my black iPhone 4, I swapped the back panel with a white one and it looked awesome, especially with a white bumper. But now with the revised design, the back panel is essentially impossible to swap, so that idea's out.

To be honest, I'm not crazy about either iPhone 5 color. My ideal color would be black glass and plain aluminum - not black anodized. Basically going back to the roots of iPhone 1:

lookatsell25530516100716_1-gif.jpg
This is very expensive but they claim is a much better anodizing than what is used on the iPhone 5..

At $249 it's NOT for the frugal minded..

http://www.anostyle.com/

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
Two black units in the house. To me, the white front is distracting if in open type case. Black looks super cool in the Silver Element bumper. Wife's looks like something upchucked colors. Fuchsia/pink and white Otterbox Commuter encasing visibly black iPhone....

Redbull2000

Bronze
Dec 4, 2012
Minnapolis
Check out there Web site. 1) expensive, 2) Color choice are personal preference, So how about the re-sale value in the future ? Other hand, if people can afford it not going to worry about the value of the phone may drop. :)

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Two black units in the house. To me, the white front is distracting if in open type case. Black looks super cool in the Silver Element bumper. Wife's looks like something upchucked colors. Fuchsia/pink and white Otterbox Commuter encasing visibly black iPhone....
The white looks super cool in the Silver Element Sector 5 case too. I like how it matches the backplate. I can't stop admiring the damn thing. It's not the most comfortable case to hold, but I'm getting used to that, and oh...my...god is it sexy. I have never liked a iPhone case this much.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I got the white iPad mini. Now, I returned mine, but next time I'd opt for black. As for the iPhone, I have black and my wife has white. Both are equally awesome. Something about the bigger iPad and iPad mini that leaves me less than thrilled with white. I'll always go black on iPads from here on out.

kaelinlei

Bronze
Oct 17, 2011
I have the white iPhone 5 and I actually wish I had gotten the black one instead. I have a black iPod touch 5th generation and have no regrets on that. I think I'll probably be getting black iPhones here on out.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app