Do you wish you gotten a White iPhone vs Black or versus

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Here we go again. I'm torn which to get, if I don't wait to see what the Samsung S4 is. I had always associated the white case with the female gender and the black with the male gender. I was leaning for a white because that was what was available, but both are now available. I was also leaning for the white as the black has the issues with the chipping on the edges. This thread has not helped my decision. I'm still split here. :(

Ms Cola

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
www.marykay.com
I got a black iPhone 5 and then I traded it in for a white one. I'm really glad I did because the combination of the aluminum and white glass and the sheen on the silver chamfers is super sexy.

That being said, I'll go with the black 5S next year just to switch it up. It looks really nice too.
Hi Europa, can you post a picture of your phone in the case? I love my white iPhone as well.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
Depends how you treat your ip5 black I've for a sleeve when I go out but no snap on case.. No chips or scratches on mine..

Sent from my iPhone5using iCafe app

Sc00bz

Oct 8, 2012
I had a black one. I had to return it due to a hardware issue. I got a white one after reading about all the chipping issues. Seeing as it is always in an otterbox or ballistic case, I don't mind. I just want to keep it cherry for resale value and that would not be possible with my job if it weren't for a case. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
I had 5 black ip5 before I got this one which is flawless all the others had scratches or marks I did go to the Apple shop to have a hold of the white model but I've always had the black versions, I got first ip5 on release day but didn't get this replacement until November 13th this was from a new batch from Foxconn(u know after all the fuss about substandard quality control on the iPhones) it came pre-loaded with iOS 6.0.1 with no marks or chips and I had got good at finding any marks, u need to check them on daylight.. But anyway I don't have any permanent case on mine I just use a neoprene pouch when I go out and I haven't any marks, I'm a bit paranoid with mine as I want it in mint condition when I come to sell..

from my iPhone5 with I-CAFE

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
I think if you keep your phone out of the same pocket as keys or loose change, it shouldn't be to bad..wow was this a long answer

from my iPhone5 with I-CAFE

MuscleMommy

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 8, 2011
I debated the white. But I had the white 3GS from shortly comming out until yesterday when I got the ip5 and decided with black. I am much happier with the black. Looks sexier and sleeker in my opinion.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
I'm getting my new iPhone 5 today, but am still stuck on which color to get. Some like the black and some like the white. MIne will be in a case and I'm leaning towards a JackBacks case and I bet the white would look sweet with the white iPhone.

Do more men like the black and more women like the white?