Do your iPhone headphone royally suck?

Token

Jan 22, 2008
So the headphones that came with my iPhone suck. I was listening to the iPod with the volume almost all the way up and it sounded like the right headphone (the one with the mic) was being blown. After that, the right headphone sounds blown (really poor sound when the volume is over 50%).

So I bought another pair of original iPhone headphones, and the same thing happened! The right headphone blew again from listening to music loud.

Shouldnt the headphones that come with a device be able to handle the max the device can output? Its almost as stupid as the speaker on the iPhone itself blowing if the volume is 100%.

Is this just me having a dose of bad luck? Has anyone else had this happen with the headphones that came with your iPhone.

Share your experiences with the standard iPhone headphones!

Nov 24, 2007
So the headphones that came with my iPhone suck. I was listening to the iPod with the volume almost all the way up and it sounded like the right headphone (the one with the mic) was being blown. After that, the right headphone sounds blown (really poor sound when the volume is over 50%).

So I bought another pair of original iPhone headphones, and the same thing happened! The right headphone blew again from listening to music loud.

Shouldnt the headphones that come with a device be able to handle the max the device can output? Its almost as stupid as the speaker on the iPhone itself blowing if the volume is 100%.

Is this just me having a dose of bad luck? Has anyone else had this happen with the headphones that came with your iPhone.

Share your experiences with the standard iPhone headphones!
had the same problem, tell i updated to 1.1.3.. think it fixed my problem i'm not allowed to bring my iPhone to work anymore LOL not really using my headset now.. but i did see this on youtube the other day..try it out

iPhone / iPod Touch Headphone / Earbud Replacement

mittenman

Silver
Jul 25, 2007
Nowhere, Mitten
They do indeed suck, mine are now in some landfill somewhere doing what they do best.

soilsample

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
South Louisiana USA
I removed the two buds from the Apple buds. Replaced them with the buds from a $15 pair of skull candy buds. I still have mic and clicker and they sound awesome. Plus they are in ear buds so they block outside noise.

Token

Jan 22, 2008
Replaced mine months ago. They are junk.

Thats the thing.. I have replaced mine as well with another set of original iPhone headphones from Apple... same thing happened with the right headphone sounding like its blown.

Has anyone found a decent pair of non-Apple headphones, that are the same type (not the ones that go halfway into your ear drums) and that arent rediculusly expensive (eg. $99.95)?

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Why did you buy another set? The earphones are included ubderthe warranty, as is everything else in the box. I know this Gor sure because they replaced mine for me a couple of weeks ago.

Token

Jan 22, 2008
Well, I thought I was just unlucky with the first set, and believe me I wont be testing my luck with a 3rd pair. I would have them replaced under warranty but I live in Canada, so it would take me a good 3hrs to get to the nearest (US) Apple store.

Im checking that Amazon link above.. seen the Rivets, but looking for something that doesn't go half way into my ear drum... looking for the same shape (earpiece wise) as the iPhone headphones...

And another issue, I don't live in the US (live in Canada) and amazon.ca doesn't carry iPhone headphones... any other suggestions?

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
I have never even used mine, they are still packaged in the box :). I use my bose headphones, which don't have a mic. That doesn't bother me though, because if I get a call I just unplug them. Maybe when I inevitably sell it (for a 3g) it will help that the head phones are still new.

jimmy_hat

Bronze
Jan 19, 2008
UK
My Apple headphones which came with my Shuffle used to do the same thing, the right bud made weird buzzing noises no matter how much I cleaned it. Still, got some V-Modas now and generally well pleased with them... :)

Snapper57

Dec 18, 2007
I have the V-Moda headphones with built-in mic - they sound great but are let down big-time by a ridiculously oversized jack plug. My first set just failed after 8 months or so: jack plug came apart. The second replacement pair, the end of the jack plug tip came off inside my beloved iPhone! I upgraded so all's well . . .

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I love my V-Modas. I don't use them everyday but only when I get to go walking for bus-riding with my iPhone.

Snapper57

Dec 18, 2007
Jarofclay73: they sound and look great, just try not to wiggle or knock dat jack!

Everyone says they love their v-modas, but they are really expensive, are they not? Like $150 or something?
I just ordered some Ultimate Buds UB5 earbuds, and I thought they were expensive at $50...They better be good. If I pay $150 for some, they better blow my mind.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
$99 is the regular price... can probably be had for less if you're a thrifty shopper.

They are really good. Great sound, comfortable, and the mic/clicker works very well. Not perfect, but for me they have been worth the price.