Dock Can bypass your security pin code

j2chulo

Aug 25, 2007
Guys i don't know if you guys noted but Dock can actually bypass your security code number allowing anybody to use your phone freely. so if i was you i will think twice before installing Dock. Don't get me wrong i love this program and i think they should get a fix for it. Here is how you bypass you security pin code. Make sure you phone has a passcode lock you can put it to lock immediately for a quick test. Now if you have Dock installed on your phone slide the Unlock when ask for passcode click on Emergency call. You will see that the yellow spot will appear on the righ botton corner of your screen. now if you click on it you can open any app on your phone without a need of enter a passcode. no only that but you can make call to any number. first open an app like map or mail or what ever program that keep the yellow spot visible. after that program its open click again on the yellow spot (Dock) and open Phone. Magic your phone screen will be availible. so anybody can call from your phone. Solution for this i think they should disable the dock while on the emergency screen.

Note you may have to keep trying touching the yellow spot (Dock) while on emergency call it took me a few try to get it to work. but it work 100% proved. Im going to delete dock for now till a fix come out. i don't want to lose my phone and have anybody make call on my phone

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Guys i don't know if you guys noted but Dock can actually bypass your security code number allowing anybody to use your phone freely. so if i was you i will think twice before installing Dock. Don't get me wrong i love this program and i think they should get a fix for it. Here is how you bypass you security pin code. Make sure you phone has a passcode lock you can put it to lock immediately for a quick test. Now if you have Dock installed on your phone slide the Unlock when ask for passcode click on Emergency call. You will see that the yellow spot will appear on the righ botton corner of your screen. now if you click on it you can open any app on your phone without a need of enter a passcode. no only that but you can make call to any number. first open an app like map or mail or what ever program that keep the yellow spot visible. after that program its open click again on the yellow spot (Dock) and open Phone. Magic your phone screen will be availible. so anybody can call from your phone. Solution for this i think they should disable the dock while on the emergency screen.

Note you may have to keep trying touching the yellow spot (Dock) while on emergency call it took me a few try to get it to work. but it work 100% proved. Im going to delete dock for now till a fix come out. i don't want to lose my phone and have anybody make call on my phone
Anybody can make calls with or without Dock: they can simple use Emergency Call to do so.

As far as the security risk, I'll chance it. Yes I expect this hole to be patched, but I'm not all that concerned that should I lose my iPhone a.) the person who finds it will be up to no good, b.) they not only notice the small yellow blurb inside Emergency Call, they know what to do with it.

Dock is from Nate True, who started the NES project, wrote iBrickr and other iPhone utilities and is generally well-respected.

--
Mike

j2chulo

Aug 25, 2007
Anybody can make calls with or without Dock: they can simple use Emergency Call to do so.

As far as the security risk, I'll chance it. Yes I expect this hole to be patched, but I'm not all that concerned that should I lose my iPhone a.) the person who finds it will be up to no good, b.) they not only notice the small yellow blurb inside Emergency Call, they know what to do with it.

Dock is from Nate True, who started the NES project, wrote iBrickr and other iPhone utilities and is generally well-respected.

--
Mike
yeah you are right about making phone call. but about using all phone feat yeah Dock bypass the pin code and let anybody use all the app on your phone. I def think this is a good piece of software but will like if they can fix that. and i respect Nate True the software has and amazing interface and i like the scrolling option. Im just trying to point this issue out so he can make a fix for it.