Dock icons hard to read

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
As the title suggests, I have the zoom magnification set to the maximum and the icon size pretty small under Dock preferences. You will see in the screenshot I have over 600 email messages. I know... I have a hard time managing my email, anyway, I can hardly read the unread mail count on the icons and have to strain my eyes.

I know there are tweaks in the terminal to increase the size of icons to really big, but I was wondering if there is any app that I might download.

Screen Shot 2015-07-05 at 3.38.17 PM.png

I use my laptop several hours a day and it is painful to say the least to try to see the badges.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I didn't see a tweak to increase the badge size. I think the best move is to switch to these options (you can keep your dock on the bottom). When you hover over the icon, the size increases quite a bit and you should be able to see the number much better.
Screen Shot 2015-07-05 at 5.12.33 PM.png

Regular view:
11.png

Hovered view:
4.png

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I didn't see a tweak to increase the badge size. I think the best move is to switch to these options (you can keep your dock on the bottom). When you hover over the icon, the size increases quite a bit and you should be able to see the number much better.
View attachment 42143
Regular view:
View attachment 42147

Hovered view:
View attachment 42146
Thanks! I switched my options close to the screenshot, but once you move past the middle of the slider under size of the icons, there doesn't appear to be a noticeable difference between having it in the middle or to the maximum. I have set the zoom magnification to the highest value. I was hoping that I can increase the size of the regular view. However, it only seems that I can increase the magnification view.