Dock icons hard to read

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by silvermoon, Jul 5, 2015.

1. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

As the title suggests, I have the zoom magnification set to the maximum and the icon size pretty small under Dock preferences. You will see in the screenshot I have over 600 email messages. I know... I have a hard time managing my email, anyway, I can hardly read the unread mail count on the icons and have to strain my eyes.

I know there are tweaks in the terminal to increase the size of icons to really big, but I was wondering if there is any app that I might download.

Screen Shot 2015-07-05 at 3.38.17 PM.png
    I use my laptop several hours a day and it is painful to say the least to try to see the badges.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

So you'd like big badges and you can not lie?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Seriously, though. I'll look around and see if I can find a tweak that increases the badge size.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I didn't see a tweak to increase the badge size. I think the best move is to switch to these options (you can keep your dock on the bottom). When you hover over the icon, the size increases quite a bit and you should be able to see the number much better.
    Screen Shot 2015-07-05 at 5.12.33 PM.png
    Regular view:
    11.png

Hovered view:
    4.png

6. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Thanks! I switched my options close to the screenshot, but once you move past the middle of the slider under size of the icons, there doesn't appear to be a noticeable difference between having it in the middle or to the maximum. I have set the zoom magnification to the highest value. I was hoping that I can increase the size of the regular view. However, it only seems that I can increase the magnification view.