Dock Icons?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Beyder28

Jul 11, 2007
I am having this problem with the new IFuntastic 2.5. When I put the icons that go on the dock at the bottom, they have a colored background. How can I have them not have this background and just be the icons with no visible background behind them?

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I am having this problem with the new IFuntastic 2.5. When I put the icons that go on the dock at the bottom, they have a colored background. How can I have them not have this background and just be the icons with no visible background behind them?
Your going to have to make a fully Transparent background the same size as the original.

Beyder28

Jul 11, 2007
Get the dimensions of the Original, and use photoshop to make the image transparent.
I realised that when I open up the png file of the icon, there is no background. But when I chose that icon through ifuntastic 2.5, there is a background that the icon sits on and it carries over onto the phone when install that icon. You can even change the color of that background in that same screen in ifuntastic but I cant figure out a way to get rid of the background all together.

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I realised that when I open up the png file of the icon, there is no background. But when I chose that icon through ifuntastic 2.5, there is a background that the icon sits on and it carries over onto the phone when install that icon. You can even change the color of that background in that same screen in ifuntastic but I cant figure out a way to get rid of the background all together.
In photoshop change the color of the button, and change it to transparent (a bluish color) it will become transparent.

Beyder28

Jul 11, 2007
The dock background image is a nontransparent image. If you want the dock to be transparent, then your going to have to make the dock image transparent using photoshop. Im sure someone on here can do it for you.
The dock is not my problem, its the icons on it that have this background that is the problem.

Beyder28

Jul 11, 2007
the backgrounds on the icons are already transparent, what seems to be the problem?
Thats the problem. When I open up the icon through viewer on my mac, there is no background but when I put it into the doc through ifuntastic, all of a sudden there is a colored background. ifuntastic gives you an option of image or color, but the default color is black and you can change it and apparently that color you chose is what becomes your background but there is no way to get rid of it. Thanks for the help by the way.

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Thats the problem. When I open up the icon through viewer on my mac, there is no background but when I put it into the doc through ifuntastic, all of a sudden there is a colored background. ifuntastic gives you an option of image or color, but the default color is black and you can change it and apparently that color you chose is what becomes your background but there is no way to get rid of it. Thanks for the help by the way.
I would try using manzana but you have a mac, the only other option is to use jailbreak and iPhoneterminal.

DeeRector2

Bronze
Aug 30, 2007
background color on icons

Dude. Im having the same issue. The only remedy I see is to use the scaling option on iFuntastic to make your icon as big as allowed this way no background color is shown. It has nothing to do with transparency in Adobe like the other guys said, because Adobe comes before iFun. and iFun is whats adding the color. Im using iFun because I have a MAC. "Non Intel Based" I don't have any other options. I personally don't thing iFun is as good as these other programs out for Windows and what not, but for now it will have to do. If anyone knows other Mac programs for modding the iPhone please post. Thanks. -DeMo

I would try using manzana but you have a mac, the only other option is to use jailbreak and iPhoneterminal.

osujak9

Aug 28, 2007
The dock is not my problem, its the icons on it that have this background that is the problem.
I had this problem to...first you'll wanna get the newest ifuntastic which i believe is 3. something....then name the file the same as what it is on the phone and simply drag it to the list and it will automatically replace it without the color background. hope this helps

DeeRector2

Bronze
Aug 30, 2007
icons

Can you explain that again in detail. Im getting a black semi-transparent square around my icons. You only see it on other than black backgrounds. Its annoying as hell.. Is this what your talking about? If so... give me the details again.. thanks

I had this problem to...first you'll wanna get the newest ifuntastic which i believe is 3. something....then name the file the same as what it is on the phone and simply drag it to the list and it will automatically replace it without the color background. hope this helps

osujak9

Aug 28, 2007
Can you explain that again in detail. Im getting a black semi-transparent square around my icons. You only see it on other than black backgrounds. Its annoying as hell.. Is this what your talking about? If so... give me the details again.. thanks
well mine would just have a background of whatever color was picked by ifuntastic...either way try this. first just make sure your using the latest ifuntastic because i don't think 2.5 does this...you want to save your file that you want to put on the phone then you want to locate what file needs to be replaced on the phone....then you want the name the file that is saved to your computer the same EXACT thing as what it is called on the phone...then simply drag from your computer to the file listings on the left side of ifuntastic and it should replace it w/ that image w/ no background...let me know if u figure it out.