Dock on the side rules...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
while not as aesthetically pleasing, i find it much more functional this way. On today's widescreen monitors, we have more horizontal room to spare, so why not take advantage of it? With the dock on the bottom, i was constantly wishing i could make a window (especially web browsers) extend all the way to the bottom of the screen without the dock overlapping (tried hiding it too, but didn't like that at all).

Now i can maximize my window to get the most vertical room possible for reading EIC threads... gotta be a good thing, right?

Tex

Silver
Jul 15, 2008
Philly
I hide me doc below....so I never see it unless I scroll over it...even at that, I have all the icons set to the smallest level, and each expands individually as I put the cursor over them. I like my stuff out of the way altogether. It makes everything easier, and looks MUCH better (IMO).

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
yeah, i tried hiding it for a while, but a lot of the dock icons have status/update images that i rather have displayed all the time.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I prefer it below. Not sure why, but it just seems more easily accessible and nicer to look at. Plus stack drawers don't work with docks on the side.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Because of the screen size, I can also maximize the usable space on the screen. But I like how it looks better on the bottom. I switch it around

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
My dock on the bottom:

My dock on the side:

Yeah, definitely the bottom.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
like I said, aesthetically, it definitely looks better on the bottom... Just not functionally.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
i am running xp but i hide my bar on the top and use rocket dock and really prefer it on the bottom?