dock phone icon missing

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by shawv, Mar 24, 2009.

1. shawv

shawv New Member

I had cydia and installer installed. everything was working fine. I did a sync and my phone is now missing. took phone to Apple store because my computer with windows xp couldn't do a restore, I removed and re-installed all Apple related programs and I couldn't restore, took phone to Apple they restored my phone. I had phone icon on the dock. got home and restored my phone from back up and now my phone on my dock is missing again.

I installed poof earlier and the phone icon was not turned off. I never removed it earlier either.

What do I do to get my phone icon back?

If i do a restore (not from backup) how do I get my music back?

Will that solve my problem?

Also any ideas why my windows xp locks up when trying to restore my phone?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Does anything happen when you touch the screen where the icon should be?

Try this first, go to Settings -> General -> Restrictions
    Set Restrictions On, then back off. Reboot the phone.

If that doesn't work, restore it (not from backup).
    After restoring, simply sync your media back on (it will still be in your iTunes library). Sync your contacts in iTunes with google or yahoo first. Copy your notes and SMS files in iPhoneBrowser if you want them backed up.

Not sure why Windows is locking up on you. You could try rebooting, running a registry cleaner, and defragmenting the hard drive.

3. shawv

shawv New Member

Thanks for your help - I accidentally found my fix last night -- (in the same general area) I went to Settings -> General -> Reset reset home screen layout --> reset home screen

I didn't even know it existed. I don't know how that got "corrupted" but it is working now.

I am taking my computer to my work and they will reload windows for me I am going to try that first.

Thanks for your response. it was definitely in the correct area!

4. eloy099

eloy099 New Member

other options when enable homescreen/multitasking

if resetting your home screen layout doesn't work the problem lays in enable home screen wallpaper or multitasking so first delete all cydia tweaks that enable them after that go to ifile/shh go into /system/library/CoreServices/springboard.app and look for N82AP.plist back this file up(in case you doe something wrong)the edit it look in the file for:<key>Homescreen-Wallpaper<key> <treu> and remove it after that look for:<key>Multitasking<key> <treu> and remove this on to then save and respring/reboot your iPhone after that the phone icon will be on your springboard again.

you can also replace the full .plist file you won't lose anything but be sure that the <key>Homescreen-Wallpaper<key> <treu> and the <key>Multitasking<key> <treu>
    aren't in there.

hope this work i worked fine with me :cool:

5. vogo

vogo New Member

On you jail-broken phone, go to SBSettings. (if you don't know how to find this, do a search on your phone). Scroll down to Mobile Substate Addons, then turn off "libhide". When you press the home button, your phone will automatically respring and you will find your phone app again. wala!