Dock Port

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Aug 31, 2010
Some of you know my water damage woes. Anyways, the phone is dried out and miraculously, working perfectly fine.

You know there's an "except" here. My ringer volume buttons don't work and I can't hear keyboard clicks, etc. I did some research and it said it's an issue with the docking port. I tried cleaning it with a toothbrush and the ringer buttons work for about 2 seconds after each cleaning but then stop again.

Is it fairly easy/inexpensive to have the dock port replaced? Any other advice...?

Jan 3, 2013
I've run into this a few times. . .and here's a possible fix:

Instead of just turning your keyboard clicks off. . then on in SETTINGS. . .turn them off.. .then type some things, such as in MEMO. . .then go and turn the clicks back on in SETTINGS. For some reason. . .this brings my keyboard clicks back.

Doug J.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Some of you know my water damage woes. Anyways, the phone is dried out and miraculously, working perfectly fine.

You know there's an "except" here. My ringer volume buttons don't work and I can't hear keyboard clicks, etc. I did some research and it said it's an issue with the docking port. I tried cleaning it with a toothbrush and the ringer buttons work for about 2 seconds after each cleaning but then stop again.

Is it fairly easy/inexpensive to have the dock port replaced? Any other advice...?
Dock port is a fairly straightforward fix. There are plenty of tutorials on YouTube on how to do this. Keep us posted!