Docking Station?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

draperm25

Sep 16, 2007
Swansea
Hi all,

Let me start off by saying sorry if this question has already been answered, but,
what is the Apple docking station for? is it for like, charging you ipod nano (in my case) and syncing, the only thing i was wondering was, is it anything like the usb cable thingy that comes in the ipod box, as you have to squeeze the two pins in the side to release it from the ipod, with the docking station thingy, can you just put the ipod on and then take it off without pressing them 2 pins in to realse it from the dock?

Sorry to all if this sounds soooooooo stupid :oops:

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA
Hi all,

Let me start off by saying sorry if this question has already been answered, but,
what is the Apple docking station for? is it for like, charging you ipod nano (in my case) and syncing, the only thing i was wondering was, is it anything like the usb cable thingy that comes in the ipod box, as you have to squeeze the two pins in the side to release it from the ipod, with the docking station thingy, can you just put the ipod on and then take it off without pressing them 2 pins in to realse it from the dock?

Sorry to all if this sounds soooooooo stupid :oops:
don't worry man its not a stupid question, but anyways yes you can sync it charge it (if the usb is connected in the back of the dock) and you can just have it as a stand. now for the reason that it doesn't have those two clips that you push on the sides of the other end of the usb is because its got clips that can bend both ways without ripping anything out. but thats why on mosy sync or usb cables for the ipod it needs those two clips because it only bends one way so you have to release it.
I hope this helps:)