DoCoMo Mobile rumored to carry iPhone in Japan

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
NTT DoCoMo, a major Japanese mobile provider, is rumored to carry the iPhone in Japan, should it be released there.

President of DoCoMo, Nakumara, was confirmed to have held a meeting with Steve Jobs on the matter. The time and date were not released.

DoCoMo is competing with it's rival, Softbank Mobile, on the exclusivity of the iPhone in Japan. Softbank has supposedly entered talks with Apple on the subject as well, reports Nikkei Business Daily.

Article on Yahoo

- John

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I am sure that Apple will be hitting the Asian markets soon. I just wonder how they are doing in the European markets in terms of sales and projections.

Sep 29, 2007
Apple probably wont sell it to them till February. If we released it to them now, our 3rd party applications would blow away SDK :p

mad_vtak

Bronze
Dec 21, 2007
I have a quick question about that. My dad is living over seas in japan, he is currently visiting for the holidays. He likes the iPhone and wants to know if he can buy a phone from the Apple store, unlock it and place in his sim card in, and have it work in japan. He is currently on soft banks network and they use sim cards.

Thanks.
-Mark

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I have a quick question about that. My dad is living over seas in japan, he is currently visiting for the holidays. He likes the iPhone and wants to know if he can buy a phone from the Apple store, unlock it and place in his sim card in, and have it work in japan. He is currently on soft banks network and they use sim cards.

Thanks.
-Mark

He could just like everyone else in asia finland panama that has done the unlock. But if the iPhone you buy is the 1.1.2 OBT you cannot unlock it. See what others are saying by search.