Document and data

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by Fantomas318 ツ, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Fantomas318 ツ

Bronze

Hello there!
    I have a question about document and data.
    Is it possible to delete it without deleting the entire app?
    If so, how do I do it?

I'll add some pictures so you know what I mean.

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1410019538.782789.jpg

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1410019563.281759.jpg

2. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

You will have to go into each individual App and delete the data from within that App. Delete individual texts or imessages, particularly media attachments, from within the messages App; same with email. And do the same for all other Apps.

3. Fantomas318 ツ

Bronze

How do I delete the data within the app?
    I mean how can I delete my text messages and Facebook documents and data?

4. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

You don/t know how to delete texts and emails?

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

What do you mean by Facebook documents and data? You can delete your texts within the messages app by swiping left. Same with emails.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

It's not as simple as all that. Deleting an app's accumulated data may be easy for apps like Mail, SMS, Safari and Chrome, where you simply delete e-mails, delete old SMS and MMS messages, clear cookies and website data, etc... but how do you delete cached data for apps like Facebook, Words With Friends, Skype, or the Holy Bible app, which the OP is using? I can't think of very many apps that have a dedicated option to clear their cache.

#6 Rafagon, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

What about reinstalling the app?

8. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

That would work, I'm fairly sure (I don't have an iPhone with me right now to test this), but Fantomas wanted a method that would work "without deleting the entire app". I would, too. It's annoying to have to delete/re-install Facebook after every few weeks of usage just being iOS is accumulating crap. I looked up his issue and elsewhere on the Internet someone posted about having the same concern, and one of the replies there was that "IOS [sic] cleans the apps automatically when they build up so much . search for " ios7 cleaning under app ". Hope this helps...".

A different user there suggested iCleaner, which involves, unfortunately, jailbreaking your iPhone.

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I was about to mention icleaner...you beat me. Besides this I'm unsure of a cleaner besides reinstalling the app. I don't worry about data etc in this type of issue.

10. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

For many apps, excess cache can only be removed by deleting the app, then reinstalling it. Facebook is one such app. Some apps, like iCafe and TapaTalk, do have an option in app to delete cache. Note: if you delete an app to get rid of cache, you may lose some things, like game progress or achievement. But an app like Facebook, you don't lose anything because the account is online. So when you reinstall, everything is there.

11. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

It doesn't appear by the screenshot that any of the usages are particularly high for that matter. Nothing that would really concern me unless I was approaching my limit, which he does not appear to be.

12. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Photos are what is taking a lot of space. Your apps look ok. Some a bit big, but the ones we see are not that bad. For your photos and videos, why not use Dropbox, Box or OneDrive to store your photos? Upload them in folders, then delete from your camera roll. You can gain 1 gb of storage space by using those apps. There's something else taking space. Music?

13. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I've had issues with DropBox a while ago. Deleting photos from the photos app sometimes removes them from your DropBox.

14. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've never heard of that. Did you allow the app to upload automatically or did you upload only those you wanted? I don't let the app do it. That goes for Dropbox, Box and OneDrive. I don't know if that makes a difference. The auto upload uploads every single photo on the camera roll. I don't like that. I keep some on the roll. But I've never heard of what you described. I bet you did it by mistake somehow. Had to. :p

15. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'm not sure. I don't use DropBox much anymore. I never find it useful...actually I've never really had to truly use it like as a normal person would. I have the photos there and in my photos app haha.

16. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

It's useful if you have a lot of photos, videos, gifs, documents, and other files you want to store where they can be accessed, viewed, and shared on multiple devices. And you don't have to keep any of that on your camera roll taking storage space that you could be using for other things like music or nude selfies. :D

17. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Oh my gosh nude selfies!!!! I most certainly don't take those...! :p

18. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

And the world appreciates this. :D

19. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

No one knows me in this world anyways. I'm antisocial and proud of it. Lol!

20. Fantomas318 ツ

Bronze

Thx everybody for your help!

I'm using Dropbox, but when you look at your pics in Dropbox it feels like they are "smaller" then they are in camera roll.

Or how do you look at the pictures in Dropbox, so you can zoom like you can in camera roll?