does any one have Vay?

matt33263

Bronze
Jun 9, 2008
Texas
has any one bought this game I was looking at the video on another post and it looked okay but I was wanting some feed back from people who already own it.

cdbformula

Bronze
Jan 6, 2008
i just got it last night, it is a cool game, sorta like zelda. i am enjoying it so far.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
its from 1994? looks like it was just ported

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
I know it was originally a Sega Genesis game. I haven't thought of this game in years. Any good?

cdbformula

Bronze
Jan 6, 2008
i never heard of it before, but i really like it.and you can save it anytime so you can play a few miniutes and quit.

Aug 28, 2008
it's a port of a sega cd game (not gensis). Making it even more obscure, LOL. I grew up on these games. I was floored to see this for download. Love it.

rsk137

Aug 29, 2008
I downloaded it a few weeks ago and I will say I was hooked. The controls take a tad bit of getting use to since it's all touch screen and you have to be pretty precise when trying to talk to NPCs at times.

I haven't ever heard of Vay before so I'm not entirely sure what it looked like then, but it look pretty good now. It even has some cheesy cut scenes to bring a little more depth to the game.

Battles are turn based and work quite well with the touch screen. Everything is easy to read and the battles look nice with some small special effects with the physical attacks and magic.

The only con is the inventory system. A lot of people complain about the menus since it basically just looks like a default iPhone menu. I personally think it looks and works just fine, but that's just me. Before they updated it, buying stuff from item and weapon shops was a HUGE hassle since it displayed no information. Now, since they did fix that, it's become quite a bit easier but still has a little learning curve.

Overall, for $4.99 you aren't going to find a better experience out there yet. So far, there isn't really any other RPGs out there for the iPhone so I suppose that alone makes it alittle better since there is no competition. If you are into RPGs you won't be disappointed. :)

~Rsk