Does anyone actually use their "Favorites" contacts?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
I set them up but I never use them. The big contact list is so efficient that I can find any number in under 3 seconds. The favorites list actually takes just as long because they're not in alphabetical order and I end up scanning the list for a few seconds anyway to find the right name...

cderalow

Jul 17, 2007
I set them up but I never use them. The big contact list is so efficient that I can find any number in under 3 seconds. The favorites list actually takes just as long because they're not in alphabetical order and I end up scanning the list for a few seconds anyway to find the right name...

yes, i use it to aid in making calls to my most often called people...

when your contact list is 500 deep, it's nice to put the 10-12 most called people in a separate list

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I do! I only have a few in there right now but it probably won't grow much bigger. But I also don't use the iPhone for making too many calls.

bcaslis

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Oregon
Favorites are a must have for me also. The contact list is good but for finding my most frequent versus hundreds of number, the favorites have it!

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Wow, I had no idea it was so useful for everyone. I thought it would be useful too when I first got the phone, but not anymore. Not only is it really quick to find someone in your contacts list, but it's also really really fun. I really don't mind it at all.

bizzy045

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
i primarily use favorites...i find it very convenient...much faster than scrolling the contacts list..i only have 8 favorites, which fit perfectly on the screen..no scrolling at all..

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Haha well it looks like I'm the ONLY person that doesn't use them :p. Oh well, I stand my ground firmly that they're nice but not worth it for me as far as time saving.

deac

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
at the risk of telling you something you already know, but JIC, you can put the favs in any order you wish -- ABC, most called, whatever you want, just Edit and drag them with that thingy on the right. I use favs 90% of the time.

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I use the favorites all the time. I put my home phone number at the top, and my wife's cell number next. I call those two numbers while I'm away from home all the time, so I know I can find them immediately at the top. I then put my kids' cell phones, followed by family members. My contact list is over 1200, and while it's fun - and shockingly easy - to find numbers in there, you just can't beat tapping right at the top of the list for frequently called numbers.

LauraBee

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Napa, CA
www.flyingcolorstattoo.com
Favorites

I do all the time, saves time :laugh2:
Husband
Daughter
Oldest son
other tattoo artist who works for me
my apprentice
Two best friends
Cosmo radio (on serius, my daughter and I listen to it in the car)

That's like one page of favorites. I have over 400 numbers in my contacts list (and many of them duplicates which I can't seem to get rid of but that's another thread) it would take forever to find the phone number I'm wishing for. I love my favorites!