Does anyone else have problems with their iPhone 3G speaker?

Jan 15, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Hi everybody, I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem I have. My iPhone 3G speaker is low sometimes when I play my music but when I stop my music, wait like a minute, and put my music back on, the speaker is twice as loud! This is cool but this is how I want my speaker ALL the time not just sometimes. What's wrong with my speaker?! When I first bought my phone it was loud like this all the time, now it's just sometimes

Also does anyone know if the iPhone 3G speaker is replacable?

Dec 8, 2008
N
It might be battery related, it might be just you, it might be a defected device, it might be due to a bad connection.

danniboi

Jan 26, 2009
I think this is due to battery life but hey I'm not a pro don't take my word 4 it

Jul 14, 2008
Hi everybody, I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem I have. My iPhone 3G speaker is low sometimes when I play my music but when I stop my music, wait like a minute, and put my music back on, the speaker is twice as loud! This is cool but this is how I want my speaker ALL the time not just sometimes. What's wrong with my speaker?! When I first bought my phone it was loud like this all the time, now it's just sometimes

Also does anyone know if the iPhone 3G speaker is replacable?

I had a similar but more unpredictable situation with my 3g iPhone. In the beginning it seemed like rebooting would solve the problem, but sometimes it took 2 or 3 reboots.

But it got progressively worse over time (alert tones, rings, iPod music, etc. would become so low and distorted that they were useless or simply inaudible). Nothing I or Apple techs tried could remedy it, it would just come and go when it pleased, with me missing phone calls, emails, texts, calendar reminders along the way.

Ultimately they exchanged the phone for a refurb at my local Apple store genius bar. Alls well that ends well.

Squirtle

Bronze
Jan 9, 2009
Brownsville Texas
Same deal here. Speaker is low at times then loud the next. Decided to add the volume boost from the iClarified repository and didn't really help. By the way jailbroken.

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I've seen a lot of threads here about the same issue, but it has never happened to me.