Does anyone else have this problem?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Iceman777, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Iceman777

Iceman777 New Member

Ok so I jumped on the Apple iPad 3 bandwagon last Friday and while I'm not having battery issues or overheating or wifi problems I am however experiencing a real birch of a problem ,Apple or AT&T cannot figure it out .

My problem is this if I leave the house n turn off my wifi sometimes my iPad jumps right on the 4g data other times
    It only shows signal but no data and I cannot connect to any web , I have my 4s right by my iPad and it has full signal full data no worries

I can restore my 4g to the iPad by going into settings and turning off the data then turn it back on and this solves the problem for a while ,however I've noticed as I travel across town my iPad will drop data while maintaining full signal strength, my 4s maintains signal and data so I know everything's working . I find this to be totally unacceptable for a 850.00 device!

I've been back n forth between Apple n AT&T and even exchanged the sim cards, reset data,chanted,sacrificed a goat n exchanged the iPad once already and this new iPad does the exact same thing.

So I'm wondering if anyone else ( and I sincerely hope not) has this issue? And if anyone has an idea of how to fix this ?

2. Beemer

Beemer Member
    Bronze

I have the same issue. When not in an LTE area, I have to turn off LTE as it says I have strong signal but can't connect to anything. Very annoying!

3. Iceman777

Iceman777 New Member

Thanks Beemer.
    I tryed this fix yesterday and my Ipad still drops the data connection while traveling across town ,Im keeping an eye on the
    network with my I4s.

4. patrickj

patrickj Genius
    Gold

Have you done a reset of network settings? And all settings? Or a full restore? If so, and if none of those fix the issue, it sounds like you may just need to exchange that iPad.

5. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

i have seen problems with my ipad connecting to wifi. it connects and then drops the signal in about 30secs. then i have to into the wifi settings and make it connect again. this happeneds almost everytime. sometimes i have to do it like 2-3 times before it sticks.

6. Iceman777

Iceman777 New Member

I have reset network settings, a full reset, twice, still the same problem and this is on the new iPad I just replaced its a mirror copy of the exact same problems I had with the last brand spanking new iPad 3 or whatever it's called.

Atnt is suggesting it might be an app that has been downloaded but the only aps I have that use data are
    Flight tracker ,google,my radar n accu wx .guess I'm going to try removing each one than one at a time download n drive around n see
    If I figure this out than maybe Apple should pay me for my time ? Eh.? Fat chance but if this fixes the problem I'll report back.

Thank everyone for the help!
    Cheers
    Roger

7. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

Hope you can get it figured out mate, sounds annoying lol. Are you in an lte area or the rebranded AT&T "4g" area?

8. Iceman777

Iceman777 New Member

I'm in Colorado springs co, rebrandedbeforeg for now .

9. Jammel

Jammel New Member

I to have this problem, when 4g is on and wifi is off that does not mean I will have a signal. I am worried that when I travel this summer my 4g is not going to work. This is on new iPad. I don't like paying for something I am not getting.

10. Iceman777

Iceman777 New Member

OK maybe its a colorado springs thing ,after traveling to Denver then on toRreno NV, Ive had no more issues with my ipad dropping the 4g ......
    Strange ?

11. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

I too have had a similar problem with my iPad. When I'm on LTE I have no problems. But then when I'm in an area with 4G, my connection is spotty at best. In one city here (Gilbert), I can't even get any data even though it says 4G and almost full bars.

12. Beemer

Beemer Member
    Bronze

I had the same issues, had to get my provider to reset my connection and haven't had an issue since.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

13. cliffeman

cliffeman Zealot
    Gold

I think I may have to do that as well. Since resetting network settings doesn't seem to fix it.