Does anyone else notice Wi-Fi problems?

MNJON

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
Minnesota
Lately I have had problems with wi-fi working right. At home even, I have to turn it off or when checking for new mail it will just check and check and check and not make any progress... same when checking on safari for like CNN news or something.... it gets nowhere!

Any ideas?

I just did the 2.2 upgrade and it seems to not have helped any either. And I have the same problem when trying wi-fi away from home on other systems too.

thanks for any ideas!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Try going to settings-general-reset-reset network settings.
Sometimes this will clear things up.

JoeJoker

Oct 4, 2008
Lately I have had problems with wi-fi working right. At home even, I have to turn it off or when checking for new mail it will just check and check and check and not make any progress... same when checking on safari for like CNN news or something.... it gets nowhere!

Any ideas?

I just did the 2.2 upgrade and it seems to not have helped any either. And I have the same problem when trying wi-fi away from home on other systems too.

thanks for any ideas!
I am having the same issues. Currently I think it is a problem with how the iPhone deals with DHCP (my linksys doesn't always recognize it). I have found that if I just disable 3G, I have much more stable operation. Turn 3G off while you are in a good WiFi setup and let us know.Good luck,Joe

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
The reset network settings is the best idea . It has always worked for me . If that doesn't work it might be worth a trip to the Apple store.