Does anyone else think AppTapp Installer is getting out of hand?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
By this I mean the number of apps we have to scroll through.

I love having more-and-more apps, but scrolling through the list over and over again is getting tiring--especially with themes and images now on it.

IMO it's time--past the time--for Installer to let us see the apps in their categories, not all in one huge list.

The reason I am posting this is because I just restored my iPhone (SSH stopped working--and it still isn't!). Anyway, when it came time to reinstall apps it was kinda hard to weed through everything.

I'd personally like to suppress apps and categories I do not wish to see (anyone else sick of seeing Doom-the-orphan? ;)). Have no need to see iSwitcher themes, for instance.

Here's to an update! (I've emailed iPhone at nullriver dot com to suggest this, but I suspect they already know.)

--
Mike

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I think the amount od dictionary files is out of control.

This is the main thing bulking up the list.
True, I forgot about the dictionary stuff.

But even without that it is getting out of hand--and it's only getting bigger.

Plus, if you already have a bunch of stuff installed you don't see the whole list. When I was starting from scratch again the list was quite huge indeed.

--
Mike

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
Its a joke, especially when its software that you don't need yet have to scroll through time and time again.

I put in a simple request with the Dev, it's a no brainer really, make the damn sections collapsable by tapping their title bar.

If a new update is available in the collapsed section, a that little star icon will appear next to the section's title.

Now no more flicking headaches.

Pharaoh

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007
very good idea. i have been noticing too, im flicking by so many dictionaries , and i don't use the dictionary, and themes and ringtones and stuff when I don't use them cause I make my own wallpapers and stuff. ill admit it is fun flicking by it to show a friend how many third party things you can put onto your phone, they are always amazed how much you can tweak this thing.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Just thought I'd join the party and say I am also tired of the long scroll each time, looking for new programs. An "ignore" feature would work fine too.

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
It would definitely be nice if we had the option to hide/ignore the apps we'll never use.

But, I'm so happy to have all these 3rd party apps that I'll put up with the long scroll.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
By this I mean the number of apps we have to scroll through.

I love having more-and-more apps, but scrolling through the list over and over again is getting tiring--especially with themes and images now on it.

IMO it's time--past the time--for Installer to let us see the apps in their categories, not all in one huge list.

The reason I am posting this is because I just restored my iPhone (SSH stopped working--and it still isn't!). Anyway, when it came time to reinstall apps it was kinda hard to weed through everything.

I'd personally like to suppress apps and categories I do not wish to see (anyone else sick of seeing Doom-the-orphan? ;)). Have no need to see iSwitcher themes, for instance.

Here's to an update! (I've emailed iPhone at nullriver dot com to suggest this, but I suspect they already know.)

--
Mike
You have to scroll!? O my God! ...L-A-Z-Y! :laugh2: j/k