Does anyone hate the new iTunes?

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
I find that I have to work harder to get the same tasks done versus what it was like with the previous version(s). YMMV

Sent using iCafe app

Je2180

Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
New York
I don't like it. I find making a playlist has now become difficult. They should change it back or revamp this version.

Sent using iCafe app

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
never really used it. now don't get me wrong i have tried it. but i don't understand why i need to put bloatware on my computer just to load music and videos on my smartphone. a smart phone should be smart enough to know how to that without putting bloatware on my computer no?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I'll just leave this here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bloat

In long-lived software, perceived bloat can occur from the software servicing a large, diverse marketplace with many differing requirements. Most end users will feel they only need some limited subset of the available functions and will regard the others as unnecessary bloat, even if people with different requirements do use them.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Here's what drives me crazy about iTunes: I'm exploring my ______ albums and I want to check the Store, or manage a device, or do anything that makes me switch from the albums/artist view. When I click back to Music it automatically puts me back at ABBA. How about remembering where I was and taking me back right there when I switch between devices, store, etc? Like the new layout though.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Am I missing something or is there really no way to view albums as a list? The album covers take up too much space so it's not efficient to search within that view. This drives me absolutely insane. Songs can be viewed as a list, why not albums?

Also, when you search for something in the search box, it plays it if you click on it, but it doesn't move you down to that artist on the list. For example, if you search for a song by an artist's name that starts with a J, it will play it when you click on it, but you'll still be at the top of your list on the songs with artists that begin with the letter A.