Does anyone here know of anybody who has had an iPhone and didn't like it

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndytheClown, Dec 29, 2011.

1. AndytheClown

AndytheClown Member
    Bronze

Thus getting a different phone?

It's just my contract is up and i really should think about upgrading my iPhone3g, I've looked at other phones and nothing really comes close to the flexibility of the iPhone. I only really use twitter @andytheclown Facebook and email.

Andy the Clown

2. sorbet

sorbet Member
    Bronze

Yeah, one of my best friends went from an iPhone 4 to a Blackberry. She likes the keys and keyboard shortcuts and stuff.

Not everyone is a diehard iPhone fanatic. It's all about personal interest and what you want/need your phone to do.

3. applejailescape

Gold

I think a upgrade from a 3G would be a massive jump for you and would feel like a completely different experience , so that's my advice.

4. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

Doesn't that about make a 4S the most sensible upgrade for you?

Sent from my mobilephone using Tapatalk

5. Reisdennis62

Reisdennis62 Member
    Bronze

I have an iPhone 4s and I've tested newer Android devices for fun and still feel like iPhones run much smoother and they seem more organized

6. Shelmani

Shelmani New Member

My ex-fiance.
    But of course she doesn't like technology in general. She is a doctor ;)

7. ConnieL4193

ConnieL4193 New Member

I just came from Android and while those phones are big, fast and pretty slick in some cases, they also are not without their issues. After all, Android is being run on a million different devices and you can't expect it to run perfectly on all of them. The iPhone on the other hand is the only phone Apple deals with and controls with an iron fist. Apps and hardware are much more liekely to run smoothly on it. It just depends on what you want to do and what you value most. This is my first experience with iPhone and I find that I give up a lot in customization but on the other hand, the iPhone is more stable and runs smoother. Choose your poison I guess.

8. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

In '08 before I got the iPhone 3G I saw a lady in the nail salon with the original iPhone and I asked her how she liked it. She exclaimed, "I hate this thing! I can't wait to get rid of it!" I asked her why, what on earth was wrong with it She said it was too complicated and too much work.

I couldn't believe her answer. I had done tons of research on the iPhone 3G and told her that the new one would probably be better for her. She told me that not only should I not get one, I need to stick to the easier flip phones. She said she was going back to the flip phone. I just shook my head and smiled.

I think some folks just can't handle the iPhone for one reason or another.

I was just shocked that she hated it so much. Maybe it was personal. Mayber the iPhone did something to her that she just didn't want to reveal. IDK, it was just a strange reaction to me.

9. ConnieL4193

ConnieL4193 New Member

She must have been some kind of crazy person. My sister is absolutely the most computer illiterate person I know (and I've seen a lot). She recently brought back an Android phone because she just couldn't deal with it. She then turned around and bought an iPhone 4. She loves this phone and believe me for her to say that makes me think that ANYONE could operate it although I did tell her when she bought it to sign up for the free class so she wouldn't just struggle with it. She did and is a very happy iPhone user. Some people just won't do anything to help themselves and do not want to make ANY effort to learn something new. I just don't get that.

10. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

So true. Even more, I know people who think resisiting any advancement in technology, even those that can improve their life, is some kind of badge of honor; and feel big scoffing at those that want to learn. I will never understand that.

11. reginaalear

reginaalear Member
    Bronze

I went from the iPhone 4 to the htc inspire for about 10 days and went right back to iPhone 4s. Some people don't care for iPhone's. I had the first one that came out and hated it. After going to Android I'll never leave Apple again unless they ever quit making them. Blackberry is what I traded my first iPhone for and loved it also but not as much as the iPhone. Some like them and some don't. :D

12. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I never understand people like that. By the time they find their yellow pages, phone number and address I already Googled it on my iPhone with directions on how to get there.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

13. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

I know many people that came from phones with real keyboards and ditched the iPhone to go back to them.

My mom hated her 3GS.

14. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I was referring to people that hate all types of technology and refuse to accept technology in their life.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

15. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

It took me a long time to get used to no keyboard. I struggled for the first two months with my iPhone. At the same time I was using my old phone as a wrk phone so the comparisons were daily.
    However comma the pros of the iPhone out weigh my need for a physical keyboard.

16. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

I was answering the OP's question. Wasn't directed at your comment.

17. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

LOL....except you aren't using the keyboard.

comma:p

I have had a iPhone since the first but had a bunch of physical keyboard phones over the years. It took me a while to get used to it. My wife is still bitching about the lack of a keyboard on her iPhone 4....it's her first iPhone.

18. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

3GS. No dictation.

I still miss my sidekick. At times.

I really hate hockey. It's for people who are scared of the dark and got picked on as kids. That's just the fans!

19. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

:confused:You just like typing comma?

For some strange reason I still miss my old MotoQ.

And you know you love hockey.

20. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

I like typing however comma. I also say it.

I really hate hockey. It's for people who are scared of the dark and got picked on as kids. That's just the fans!