Does anyone know how to delete pictures from the PhotoStream folder?

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by Atieh, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Atieh

Atieh New Member

I have an iPhone 4 and i really like the iCloud features but i want to be able to edit its folder. :/

2. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

You have to delete the original photos from out of the camera roll on the device that took the picture or the screen shot. It is kind of a pain bit hopefully on future updates they will work on it. Also to delete all photo stream photos you can go to settings then iCloud then photostream and turn off. It will ask you if you want to remove all photos.

3. Atieh

Atieh New Member

I already deleted them from the camera roll but they are still in the photostream folder :/
    No i don't want to delete all of them
    Its a good backup

4. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

The only way, that I know, to remove a photo from photostream is to turn it off in iCloud, but than you lose all the photos in photostream.

5. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

yeah that stinks I hope Apple will fix this
    I turned off photostream for that reason
    I take sometimes just pics and text them to friends or something I need to remember like a serialnummber (I have magnified those with my phone so handy) . Yeah but I do not want these pic on my TV or ipad
    APPLE FIX THIS

6. Yankeem0mo33

Yankeem0mo33 Member
    Bronze

I've never really taken the time to look into how the photo stream works Through iCloud. Does this work on any pc or does it have to be a Mac?

7. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I disabled Photostream shortly after 5.0 was released due to the lack of user controls and inability to delete individual photos from the stream. I got tired of jumping through hoops and being forced to delete my entire stream just to remove one image. I'll reenable it when they add the ability to delete individual images.

9. JFN

JFN Member
    Bronze

Just bumping this up, as I have the same problem. I have not tried but when Photostream is sent to my Mac, will I be able to use/delete/edit them or will they just stay stale in a photostream album?

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can delete individual photos from the Photostream now. It's a 5.1 feature.

11. JFN

JFN Member
    Bronze

12. BillF

BillF New Member

I love my new IP 4S, but I have to say that the BlackBerry Bold 9650 I retired for it had much better photo handling capabilities.