Does anyone know how to use the vehicle hands free function with their iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sep 18, 2007
I recently bought my phone and the sales guy told me that you could use the iPhone with the aux hookup of a 07 Chevrolet Truck and use the speakers and mic that would normally be used for Onstar. What do I need to make this happen?

MaineWriter

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
I recently bought my phone and the sales guy told me that you could use the iPhone with the aux hookup of a 07 Chevrolet Truck and use the speakers and mic that would normally be used for Onstar. What do I need to make this happen?
I have a Motorola handsfree kit (850) in my car from when I had my Razr. I was able to get that to pair up with the iPhone after lots of trial and error. I don't know if you have a similar situation or you are looking to use a hardwire to make the connection.

There is wifi/bluetooth board on the forum and lots of discussion there about how to get the iPhone working in cars and trucks. You may want to post this question over there, too, to see if anyone else has a better answer than me.

MW

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Sep 18, 2007
I have a Motorola handsfree kit (850) in my car from when I had my Razr. I was able to get that to pair up with the iPhone after lots of trial and error. I don't know if you have a similar situation or you are looking to use a hardwire to make the connection.

There is wifi/bluetooth board on the forum and lots of discussion there about how to get the iPhone working in cars and trucks. You may want to post this question over there, too, to see if anyone else has a better answer than me.

MW
I am trying to hardwire the iPhone with my 07 chevy truck via Aux.