Does anyone use Wikipedia on their phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Apr 28, 2012.

1. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

Their mobile site is almost perfect, but have you noticed that recently they've disabled the "tap the status bar to scroll to the top instantly" feature that is present in every site on safari? Very annoying.

Also, when you click back page it takes through every tab of that page you clicked on rather than actually going to the previous page. Also annoying!

2. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

3. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

Yeah but at this point I'm used to it. I've tried multiple other browses and Safari is unfortunately still the best.

4. snowtrooper1966

Gold

I use wikipanion.
    The scroll to top feature still works for me.

Why are u still using iOS and Apple devices? Seems you only post about your frustrations and displeasure......
    Perhaps you should write your own (OS TH55?), then all would be well.
    Until someone complained about that not meeting their unrealistic expectations...... :D

5. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

Because unfortunately its still the best option

6. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

Why would you having the best be unfortunate? Would having second best be fortunate?:p

7. TH55

TH55 Member
    Bronze

Unfortunate that it is the best option, not that I have the best option. I hope you were joking! But even as a joke my statement couldn't be interpreted that way

8. pradley

pradley Member
    Bronze

What exactly are you asking, that someone in this forum redesign Safari for you? BTW, I use Wikipedia and the scroll to the top definitely works.

9. snowtrooper1966

Gold

I don think he's asking anything usefull, he just frequently posts new threads (which he has been warned by mods to stop doing) about little annoyances he has with iOS and iPhones....