Does Anyone's "Push" Email work?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

asuandy

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Mine worked for the first day and then stopped completely. Any tips or advice would be awesome. :laugh2:

section8joe

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
i believe it is fair to say it is very inconsistent although mine has been working well recently.
Mine works on every once in a awhile. I've heard that when you''re connected to a wifi network it will not work. I haven't tested this theory but Im pretty much always on a wifi(home or work) and when I'm connected I don't really receive my yahoo mail...

ccleve76

Jun 27, 2007
mines was working great until update, after update i can get mail just fine, but cant send any..using yahoo push mail

JHoffy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Exchange Server

Before the update, I used to my full folder list that was on my Exchange server. Now all i get is INBOX. There is no SENT, TRASH, DRAFTS, JUNK, etc.

What gives?

Jon

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Before the update, I used to my full folder list that was on my Exchange server. Now all i get is INBOX. There is no SENT, TRASH, DRAFTS, JUNK, etc.

What gives?

Jon
Go to setting | mail | yahoo | advanced | and make sure your under setting it says IMAP Path Prefix /

and noting else. I added some stuff to this path tryong to my push to work and it caused me to lose all the folders.

JHoffy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Go to setting | mail | yahoo | advanced | and make sure your under setting it says IMAP Path Prefix /

and noting else. I added some stuff to this path tryong to my push to work and it caused me to lose all the folders.
I did that, but still no IMAP folder tree... I am using 4smartphone exchange server.

Jon

JHoffy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I do have a yahoo email address, but my other email address is what most of my contacts know. If I forward that account to my yahoo account, I can receive it "push," but I cannot reply to the sender because when email is forwarded, the sender becomes the forwarding address. Also, if I use the yahoo account, then my contacts will start replying to that address instead of my other account.

I am trying to keep only one account.

Jon

CLOUDHOPPER

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Yahoo servers are very inconsistent and do not work flawlessly all the time.

I wish someone would step up and offer push email services. If .mac would offer it for the iPhone, I'd gladly pay the $99 service fee yearly.

JHoffy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
all Apple needs to do is license exchange wireless sync from microsoft and all of our problems will be solved.