Does Apple allow adding attachments while composing an email?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by iByron, Feb 15, 2015.

1. iByron

iByron Member
    Bronze

Hey all just wondering if it's me, has Apple still not allowed email attachments to be added during email composing? Like say I want to attach a document or realize I need to add one, I have to send 2 emails at a time or scrap my original and rewrite it. This is using the main client on phone.

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

It's not just you. Except for photo and videos, Apple does not allow attachments to be added during composition using the stock Mail app. Sad.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

It seems to me that it would make sense to have access to your iCloud Drive from within your email. We can insert photos, so why not documents. If they are serious about productivity, much of that should happen within the stock mail app. I'm adding this to my iOS 9 Wishlist.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You do not need to send two emails or scrap the original and start over. Apple added functionality for sending multiple attachments in one email a few years ago, and we can add them all after beginning to compose the email.

1. Open the email app. Begin typing if you want.
    2. Press and hold in the white area of the email.
    3. Select the arrow at the right.
    4. Press "Insert Video or Photo."
    5. Select an image/video.
    6. Repeat for multiple images/videos in one email.

As far as documents that aren't videos or emails, just email them with whichever app you are accessing them with. We don't have direct access to the file system, so you can't see these files listed in there anyway. Since you have to use an app to access them, just use that same app to email them. DropBox works great for this. It's a lot more versatile than iCloud Drive.

5. iByron

iByron Member
    Bronze

All thanks for info

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I just read an article that addressed this.